Vista-SY6108 Handicap w/crooked balcony

MumsTheWord*

Hi Folks,

Please be gentle...

I'm a Newbie....:(

We have just received our SZ guarantee assignment-Cabin 6108,

a handicap accessible cabin with the "crooked" balcony....

Can anyone tell me what to expect?

Or does anyone, perhaps have photos?

This is our first HAL cruise and we're about to POP:eek: with

excitement, but we're a bit anxious as well.

Any help will be gladly accepted.

You PROBABLY have one of the best rooms in the "house"!!! Those corner rooms have a bit more space than their counterpart on the straight hallway- and the bathroom probably has only a shower [Which we prefer but don't usually "take" because we aren't handicapped] Then the view will be of out-to-sea but also looking back or forward along the side of the ship! Celebrate! You have reason to!

I'm going on my first HAL cruise in December so I can't help a lot but here is what I could find on line for you that shows the room category at least.

I'm sure there will be others here that will be able to provide you more information.

http://www.7blueseas.com/cruiselines/ship.asp?id=27&page=7

Have a great cruise!

Blessings!

Oh Heather,

Thank you for your welcome!

I have been soaking up all of the information on this board for

about a month, but have been too timid to post.:o

I must say, RevNeal's Noordam Review is like a great Reality TV Show.

They are a WONDERFUL cast of characters! and I'm addicted...

(My husband should not be privy to this information! lol):confused:

Hi,

This is my first cruise on HAL and I had the exact same question but on a different deck. We just got assigned to 8094 on the Noordam Navigation Deck for the 4/5 cruise out of NYC. I was afraid the angle of the balcony would make it a bit windy. Whatever happens we got a good deal on the SZ guarantee rate. Anything beats the steerage my grandfather suffered through in 1902 coming from Italy in January. A 15 day "cruise" that I can't even begin to imagine. Have a great trip.

Donna

MumsTheWord You have nothing atall to worry about with 6108. My parents were in this cabin on the Westerdam as my Mum needs a wheelchair. It is a delightful stateroom and verandah. My hubby and I were a few doors down but we were always popping in and out of their cabin for one reason or another. Obviously it has a larger than normal bathroom to cater for wheelchair users, and this slightly reduces the remaining floorspace in the stateroom. It is very well designed and I am sure you will be very happy with it. The angled verandah is really comfortable. Have a wonderful cruise.

Mums, thank you for asking that question. I have often wondered how people liked the staterooms with the angled balconies. I like the idea of being able to see forward or aft (without leaning out from the ship) in addition to seeing straight out. We were in a cabin just aft from one of these HC cabins on the Westerdam. We peeked in when the steward was cleaning. It seems quite spacious and well-laid-out, with plenty of room to walk around. We did not see the bathroom, of course. I think you will be pleased with your cabin assignment.

So glad you took courage and posted. We really bark more than we bite here. We also try to discuss in a civilized fashion, most of the time. Do stick around now that you've stopped lurking. I'm sure we can all learn something new from someone who's looking at our favorite cruise line with new, unprejudiced (in the nice sense of the word) eyes. Do come back and tell us about your cruise.

Thank you, RevNeal...

Pictures are worth a thousand words!!!

Also, in this case, all of the words of encouragement have been

SO wonderful as well!!!

We look forward to spending a lot of time on our "crooked" balcony.:rolleyes:

I guess I shouldn't have referred to it that way,

because we certainly do not feel

as though we've been "robbed" in any way.

Blessed would be more like it...

so there we have it,

SY6108 Handicap w/ the Blessed Balcony!

Archived