Am I a Keurig snob?

Clampram

On 4/2/2023 at 11:39 PM, pink845 said:

Clampram,  I am with you all the way.  I love my Keurig machine here at home with the attached latte maker!!!   Now that Princess it appears is charging an arm and a leg for their little old coffee card (and Elites it appears can no longer switch out their little mini bar for a coffee card), I am seriously thinking of bringing my small thin personal Keurig machine with me on my next Alaskan cruise.    Of course, will have to get the OKAY from Princess.  I take it with me everywhere else.  I will take coffee any day over an extra pair of shoes in my luggage.

How exactly does a Keurig make a latte?  Any latte served in the international cafe will be miles better than what the Keurig will put out. 

• Like 1

On 4/1/2023 at 9:05 AM, pompeii said:

I'm wondering about the new Lavazza partnership.  Does anyone know if it will be throughout the ship including dining rooms and buffet, or only for brewed and espresso-based coffees at the IC?  In other words, will the free coffee finally be decent?

I was on Celebrity Silhouette earlier this year and they have a Lavazza partnership. Lavazza coffee in the buffet with branded dispensers as well as in their coffee shop/IC-style spot.

Because of the partnership and substantial branding, I would anticipate they will not want inferior coffee mistaken for their product so will likely be the exclusive coffee supplier for all coffee and espresso drinks across the board.

3 hours ago, SleepyBunny said:

I was on Celebrity Silhouette earlier this year and they have a Lavazza partnership. Lavazza coffee in the buffet with branded dispensers as well as in their coffee shop/IC-style spot.

Because of the partnership and substantial branding, I would anticipate they will not want inferior coffee mistaken for their product so will likely be the exclusive coffee supplier for all coffee and espresso drinks across the board.

Thanks, good to know.  Was it served in the dining rooms as well, do you know?  If so, that would be phenomenal.   

Malba2366, My Keurig has a wonderful latte attachment, and I also make great chai tea lattes with it.  One of the pricier Keurigs. Plus I control the sweetness, not like on the ships, overly sweet there.

33 minutes ago, pink845 said:

Malba2366, My Keurig has a wonderful latte attachment, and I also make great chai tea lattes with it.  One of the pricier Keurigs. Plus I control the sweetness, not like on the ships, overly sweet there.

The keurig can’t pull a shot of espresso so you are drinking something completely different. You can order a latte on the ship without syrup ot less pumps than they normally use. A good latte, with nice medium roast beans (ie. Not the burnt stuff that Starbucks has convinced Americans is good coffee) doesn’t even need any sweetener because the sweetness from the steamed milk is      Enough ton sweeten the drink without overpowering the taste of the espresso.