Dine-in Movies on every ship….just not on lido?

Camash

I was wondering if anyone knows if you can watch movies on the ships with no movie screen? I will be on the Elation in a few weeks, and was told there will be new movies to watch.

Has anyone been on Elation lately? Can you confirm? If so, where can we watch the movies? Thank you!

I can't speak for the Elation specifically, but I remember the Fantasy showing movies in the comedy lounge.  Other than the main lounge, I can't think of another area on a Fantasy class ship where they could show movies.

Edited by Tiger0613
  • Like 1

Guest BasicSailor
1 hour ago, Camash said:

Thanks everyone! I will ask when we board, and let you all know what happens.

Please do, Thanks.

It's been a few years since I've been on a fantasy class ship, but only one time (out of many) did they ever play a movie (and it was in the comedy club lounge), and that was because we were unable to dock that day and had a fun day at sea instead.

1 minute ago, simplelife said:

on your tv?

Yes they do show movies on the stateroom TV every cruise, all cruise long, but those are typically older movies. The dive-in movies are usually more recent releases, maybe last year's blockbusters etc.

Guest BasicSailor
3 hours ago, ashkir said:

Not sure what Elation is. The Spirit class held theirs in t he comedy lounge 

Old, 😉 Fantasy class, what's left is Paradise and Elation. I would predict more changes to happen to this class in the next few years.

Edited by BasicSailor

5 hours ago, BasicSailor said:

Old, 😉 Fantasy class, what's left is Paradise and Elation. I would predict more changes to happen to this class in the next few years.

Likely, the port of registry changing from Nassau to Aliaga.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/3/2023 at 1:25 PM, AHS123 said:

"Dine-in Movies on every ship….just not on lido?"

If they show movies in the main dining room that would be a new twist. Better on a night when it's not elegant night, imo.

You know what I meant….😏

On 4/3/2023 at 2:26 PM, asalligo said:

Yep, their days are numbered. They just don't make the money that something like an Excel class makes. 

I agree…. Gotta enjoy this beaut while she lasts.

Paradise isn't going anywhere for awhile - it is one of the smaller ships that fits under the Skyway Bridge, along with Spirit class.   None of the newer classes fits.

The same with the Elation - sails from Jacksonville and must go under Dames Point Bridge, which is also too low for the newer class of ships.

Before the shutdown, we would watch a movie in the comedy club (on Paradise) - but I think it was only once during a 5-day cruise.