Main Dining Room- reservations question?

j3000

We're on the Silhouette next week. We booked the Anytime Dining option.

Just wondering, do you/ can you make MDR reservations for a set time in advance (when?), OR do you just show up when you want  to eat, and hope they have room?🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

Yes, you can make reservations for each night.  In the cruise planner, it's usually under dining, scroll down  past the specialty dining and you will find an option to book select dining.  In the app, click on the far right icon at the top, which should bring you to your reservation info, scroll down to Dining and there will be an option to make a reservation.

FYI - a week out, you may not find much availability left.  You still can just show up when you are hungry.  I understand leave space for walk-ins and even for people to make reservations after they board.

21 hours ago, prmssk said:

Yes, you can make reservations for each night.  In the cruise planner, it's usually under dining, scroll down  past the specialty dining and you will find an option to book select dining.  In the app, click on the far right icon at the top, which should bring you to your reservation info, scroll down to Dining and there will be an option to make a reservation.

FYI - a week out, you may not find much availability left.  You still can just show up when you are hungry.  I understand leave space for walk-ins and even for people to make reservations after they board.

Does it work this way for anytime dining in Blu as well? 

3 hours ago, jelayne said:

Blu does not take reservations show up when you are ready to dine.

This doesn't guarantee an available table when you arrive. Depending on the time you get there there might still be a wait .....and sometimes a long one.  

2 minutes ago, Loracpin2 said:

This doesn't guarantee an available table when you arrive. Depending on the time you get there there might still be a wait .....and sometimes a long one.  

We tend to dine later (8pm), so hopefully won't be too bad. If there is a wait, I'll sit and have a drink at one of the lounges, assuming they give you a pager or something.

Edited by SSFrance69

2 minutes ago, Loracpin2 said:

Thu

Just now, SSFrance69 said:

We tend to dine later (8pm), so hopefully won't be too bad. If there is a wait, I'll sit and have a drink at one of the lounges, assuming they give you a pager or something.

Eating after the early show at 8ish and we have never had to wait in the MDR or Blu.  Go to eat at 6:30-7 and you likely will need to wait a bit.  Am sure they have them but saw no pagers on our cruise last year.

Thanks everyone.  I had no idea that you could make reservations for "Anytime Dining" in advance.  I went on the app & was able to make reservations for 4 nights out of 7.  I will figure out the other nights onboard!

Kathy

On 4/2/2023 at 8:53 AM, jargey3000 said:

....ya.....mostly booked up.......🤷‍♂️

If you can't find reservation times available on the cruise planner, try going to the dining room after you board the ship. There is usually someone at the hostess station at the dining room entrance in the early afternoon that you can speak to about making reservations.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/3/2023 at 1:56 PM, marys350 said:

If you can't find reservation times available on the cruise planner, try going to the dining room after you board the ship. There is usually someone at the hostess station at the dining room entrance in the early afternoon that you can speak to about making reservations.

yes, we're just back actually. We did that each night....no problem. And, no complaints about the food!🤓

• Like 1