New DCL cruiser-when to travel?

Wendylet

We are still a few years out but I am a planner and looking for advice. I am taking my daughter and her family on our first cruise through Disney. I am hoping to take advantage of the Canadian Resident Special pricing. We are looking at the Fantasy out of Port Canaveral as we want to tack on some days at wdw prior. A couple questions though. Is the weather in the Caribbean better in May or November? These cruises tend to be the ones that go on the special pricing I was indicating. We do love Xmas (November) but it’s important to my daughter that we get to take advantage of the pools before and during the cruise, so warmer weather. Not sure about the weather in November. Anyone have experience with this? Also if I book the cruise as soon as the dates come out when would the CRS pricing come out? Would I be able to rebook the cruise with the lower pricing? Not sure about Disney protocols like final payment and rebooking? All help is most appreciated. Thanks!

5 hours ago, Wendylet said:

We are still a few years out but I am a planner and looking for advice. I am taking my daughter and her family on our first cruise through Disney. I am hoping to take advantage of the Canadian Resident Special pricing. We are looking at the Fantasy out of Port Canaveral as we want to tack on some days at wdw prior. A couple questions though. Is the weather in the Caribbean better in May or November? These cruises tend to be the ones that go on the special pricing I was indicating. We do love Xmas (November) but it’s important to my daughter that we get to take advantage of the pools before and during the cruise, so warmer weather. Not sure about the weather in November. Anyone have experience with this? Also if I book the cruise as soon as the dates come out when would the CRS pricing come out? Would I be able to rebook the cruise with the lower pricing? Not sure about Disney protocols like final payment and rebooking? All help is most appreciated. Thanks!

My answer to the question as to whether May or November is better...I would choose May.  November may be prone to late-in-the-season hurricanes.  JMO

Our first DCL cruise was in early May, but most have been in late November/early December, which we prefer. It can be a little windy at Castaway Cay in early December, but we do love the Christmas decorations. It's still definitely warm enough to swim in the pools on the ship. We have been to WDW in May - over the Victoria Day holiday - but it is hot, so that's another reason why we prefer the Very Merry Christmas cruises.

Thank you for all the input. I do think that perhaps May might be the safer choice for weather. I agree it can be very hot as we did wdw for 2 weeks in May last year and it was really hot. I understand that November weather can be slightly more unpredictable. May might be the better choice especially if the grandchildren want to swim while we are in wdw the week before. Thanks so much for the input.