P&o shares

Vampiress88

12 hours ago, Neil_c said:

I used an online app Freetrade. N o transaction costs. Monthly statement shown in app. Just send pdf of statement to claim with no problems from P & O and Princess

we bought 100 shares in December, using the Freetrade app. Very straightforward. We have 22 nights with P&O later this year, then a week with Cunard next year. That will give us back just over 1/3 of our outlay. And of course, more reasons to book more cruises! 

• Like 2

On 4/6/2023 at 5:49 PM, TigerB said:

We used at British based one, their initials are HL.  It was really easy to do online.  

We were happy with the price and, like you, we hopefully have a few years of cruising left in us, so they should pay for themselves many times over 

That who I use, the L owns Bristol City Football Club to not hard to find who the H is. Unfortunately CC does frown on advertising so can't give the full name.

2 minutes ago, ovccruiser said:

That who I use, the L owns Bristol City Football Club to not hard to find who the H is. Unfortunately CC does frown on advertising so can't give the full name.

I did look at a US based one but they set the (unfavourable) exchange rate when paying by card, so that put me off.

I know the one you and I use charge £11 odd for the purchase plus a couple of quid extra but, as we will never sell them while we are still cruising with Carnival, that didn't matter at all.

12 minutes ago, BrianI said:

You also have to pay stamp duty tax which is 0.5% of the purchase price - so around £35. 
Brian

Your maths are a little wrong there, Brian.   For us, buying 100 shares at a cost of £638, it was £3.19.

D-  see me after school  😂

10 minutes ago, TigerB said:

Your maths are a little wrong there, Brian.   For us, buying 100 shares at a cost of £638, it was £3.19.

D-  see me after school  😂

Oops, sorry. You are perfectly correct. On a sale price of 700p the duty would be £3.50 for 100 shares.

Don’t know why shares are quoted in pence but that seems to be the way.

Brian

• Like 1

On 4/3/2023 at 6:13 PM, BrianI said:

You can apply no earlier than three months before sail date and no later than 21 days before sailing.

Brian

On 4/5/2023 at 10:24 AM, crompton21 said:

The wording states to claim at least 3 weeks before departure and then further on no later than 4 weeks before sailing......

We have just booked a cruise this morning, sailing on 16th April.  I confirmed with the advisor that we had missed the chance to apply the shareholder benefit, given that we are within the 21 days.

Chancing my arm, I then sent an email in which I wrote, "It's too late to apply the shareholder benefit, isn't it"?

Two hours later we received a new booking confirmation that shows the £150 OBC.

So, it shows the inconsistency as others have noted, but I'm happy to have caught someone that was possibly having a good day and feeling generous.👍

• Like 5

On 4/8/2023 at 2:50 PM, TigerB said:

We have just booked a cruise this morning, sailing on 16th April.  I confirmed with the advisor that we had missed the chance to apply the shareholder benefit, given that we are within the 21 days.

Chancing my arm, I then sent an email in which I wrote, "It's too late to apply the shareholder benefit, isn't it"?

Two hours later we received a new booking confirmation that shows the £150 OBC.

So, it shows the inconsistency as others have noted, but I'm happy to have caught someone that was possibly having a good day and feeling generous.👍

Always worth asking.  The worst they can do is say no. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Son of Anarchy said:

Always worth asking.  The worst they can do is say no. 

Yes, always my policy.

My lad calls me a chancer; I say to him, "If you don't ask you don't get"! 🙄

• Like 2