Back From Infinity South America

MrsTravelBug

On 4/9/2023 at 9:30 AM, AstoriaPreppy said:

TBH, we found the public areas relatively shabby, and not up to Celebrity's normal standards. The lighting was especially noticeable. In the Rendezvous Lounge, about 1/3 of the lights were non-functional. In the MDR, pieces of the ceiling "skylight" and random uplight wall panels were dead. In the theater, only the first three or four rows had functional lights in the cocktail tables... the entire back of the main floor bowl area was dead. But then the balcony cocktail tables worked? It was very sporadic. 

I did notice that the line had made a point to place new seating in the Constellation lounge, and 3/4 of the buffet... but then you'd wander into a section of the buffet with the old wooden chairs. It was very piecemeal, but better than nothing. The MDR seating was not updated. 

Thanks for the reply although it was disappointing to read that.  

I know you cannot judge from the outside, but the last time we saw Infinity was back in November when we (Constellation) pulled into Nassau right next to her.  She looked great in the early morning light.

image.thumb.jpeg.9fffaa9e4a00712d6880e80203c698cd.jpeg

Reading this review brought back fond memories of our South America trip way back in 2015. We were on Infinity, and did B2B2B, it was our first cruise with Celebrity. 

If anyone is considering a South America cruise out of Buenos Aires, I highly recommend going a few days early and taking side trip to Iguazu Falls. We took a short flight from Buenos Aires and spent 2 nights in the Gran Melia Iguazu hotel which is in the park with beautiful views. This is a trip we will always remember.

https://iguazuargentina.com/en/

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, SPacificbound said:

If anyone is considering a South America cruise out of Buenos Aires, I highly recommend going a few days early and taking side trip to Iguazu Falls.

My favourite part of the entire trip was going to Iguazu Falls.  We stayed for three nights so we had time to visit both the Argentina and Brazil sides.  I have been to over 50 countries and have to say the falls really wowed me.  No pictures can do it justice.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

We are doing this itinerary on the Eclipse in December 2023.

Can anyone comment on their experience going to or doing tours in Vicente Peres Rosales National Park from Puerto Montt?  I understand it's a 1 hr to 1.5 hr bus ride each way?  We are signed up for a 4 mile hike.  Reading about the walkway near the port we may want to do that instead.  We are not big shoppers but we might want to check out the shopping mall and get lunch somewhere.

Also if you did a tour with Celebrity, did the buses have a bathroom or how often did they stop for bathroom breaks?

Edited by zitsky

8 minutes ago, zitsky said:

We are doing this itinerary on the Eclipse in December 2023.

Can anyone comment on their experience going to or doing tours in Vicente Peres Rosales National Park from Puerto Montt?  I understand it's a 1 hr to 1.5 hr bus ride each way?  We are signed up for a 4 mile hike.  Reading about the walkway near the port we may want to do that instead.  We are not big shoppers but we might want to check out the shopping mall and get lunch somewhere.

Also if you did a tour with Celebrity, did the buses have a bathroom or how often did they stop for bathroom breaks?

Celebrity tour buses alway stop every 10 mins for WC breaks, which Last 1 hr,

so the time at tour locaction is only 45 mins , including a stop for the WC 🤣