Marina / Riviera cabin 7000 / 7001 - any experiences ?

gcmv

Hi Oceania cruisers,

I'm a newbie to Oceania. 

My TA made a "smashing" offer to me for a cruise on Marina in cabin 7000. As I think, these cabin is pretty similar to Manrina 7001 and Riviera 7000 / 7001, I want to ask if somebody has experience with one of these cabins.

It looks, that the width of the balcony is great, but perhaps it is "darker" inside the cabin because of the half-overhanging ceiling of the balcony on deck 8.

As all older threads I've found about this topic are archived and closed for replies, I was not able to open the pictures that were posted there.

Any opinions / experiences / photos?

Thanks a lot in advance ...

Edited by gcmv

We've had 7000 before and were warned that traffic to the bridge might be noisy, but we had no issues.  Fortunately, we weren't in rough seas, as I hear that being toward the front can accentuate the motion others feel.  We really enjoyed the room and had fun waving at the crew in the bridge.

We were in cabin 7000 on a transatlantic and loved it. It is next to the door that leads to staff cabins like the cruise director, etc, but we never found it noisey. In fact I loved it. It has an extended balcony and, with no one on one side, it was very private.  It'd book it again. I didn't find the cabin darker.

We had a Baltic Cruise on the Oceania Marina a few years ago. It was great. We went with my 2 Sisters, my TA got them 7004 and 7006. Just like your 7001.  Very nice rooms with great big, deep balconies.

But, my TA got us 7008.  The balcony is the same, just as big, but, the deck goes in after 7008. So, you have a much better open view as you look toward the back of the ship.  We have another cruise planned and have 7008 again !  7009 is the same on the Starboard side. 

Rooms  7108 and 7111 are the same toward the Aft when the deck opens up again. Check the deck plans. I'll try to add pictures.

We had 7001 on Riviera a few years ago, we enjoyed the extended longer balcony. It does make it a bit darker inside. Make sure you ask room staff for a lounger they will happily comply.

We had friends who did not enjoy the cabin later on a trip. There were several days on their trip at anchor which woke them up earlier than they desired.

Thank you so very much indeed for the fertile comments.

I think, we made the right decision by booking this cabin.

There are only two days with anchoring on our 11-days-cruise, so it should be no problem with the noise.

@daveispar Mail is on the way to you.

Ralf