What formal clothes to take 14th April Virtuosa cruise?

sidekick180

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to figure out what formal clothes to take for our cruise on Virtuosa 14th April 2023, 7 Night 'Northern Pearls'.

I can't find any information about how many celebration nights there are, whether these are similar to black tie, or if any of them are themed nights, white nights etc. etc.

Does anyone have any idea where I can find out how many formal nights there will be, and what style they would be?

Many thanks

1 hour ago, sidekick180 said:

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to figure out what formal clothes to take for our cruise on Virtuosa 14th April 2023, 7 Night 'Northern Pearls'....

Evening Wear

A more polished look is recommended for evening wear when dining in the Main Dining Rooms and Specialty Restaurants and while enjoying the entertainment in the theater, bars, and lounges. Collared shirts, tailored pants or shorts, skirts, and dresses are suggested. Layers and a light jacket or sweater are suggested for cooler nights and in the ship’s air-conditioned public areas.

Gala Night

On Gala Night, dress to impress! Whether that means a tuxedo, suit and tie, evening gown or cocktail dress, or perhaps it’s your very best jeans and polo shirt, your attire should fit your own level of elegance. The only thing required is your smile.

Agree with 'familycruiser'. Was on Virtuosa end of Jan.. Those who wished to dress up on the one 'formal' evening did so, but there was NO condemnation of those, myself included, who (in my case anyway) just put on a tie in addition to a my normal 'decent' shirt, sweater, trousers.

Frankly, for a week's holiday, why clutter a case with clothing you're going to wear for maybe a couple of hours ? But then again, if part of the joy is in dressing up...!

• Like 1

Thank you everyone for your advice and input.

I think I will just take an ordinary black suit with posh waistcoat, and dickie. Won't bother with anything for the white night if there is one.

The wife will probably just ram the suitcase to the brim with loads of posh dresses. She does like to dress up, as we don't often get the chance to.