What does NCLH ownership mean across lines?

Woofa

So I know that NCLH owns and operates Regent and Norwegian in addition to Oceania. What I am wondering is how much this affects how each of the three are run.  Intuitively I would think that one of the benefits of having all three cruise lines under its wing would be to combine buying power, etc.  Recently we have seen a number of issues (allowing service dogs onboard, green initiatives, missed ports, reduced port times, poolside chairhogs, supply issues,) on the Oceania board.

Now I understand that each line is different and that they are basically geared towards different audiences but I wonder if anyone knows how much they are similar.  I would think that food mainly came from the same vendors.  I would also think that if Oceania is cutting ports and diminishing port times that regent would also be (especially if the reason was because of the sustainability concept Oceania has employed.)  It is my understanding that all three will be getting upgraded internet.  

Just trying to understand it all a little better and get some perspective on whether the same issues would affect all three.

In recent years  they combined the entertainment  teams

I suspect  they can get a better deal on food  & other supplies

They are all run  separately AFAIK

As for service dogs  I believe that is  from US ports that  allow them under the ADA 

I believe all lines  have to comply  so not unique to NCLH

Have a read on the Viking Forum  for informative info

JMO

4 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

The Air Departments were one of the first groups consolidated.

I thought I read on the Regent thread they were about to start charging a fee (comes off the overall fee if you use their air,) just to speak to them.  This has not yet been mentioned on the Oceania thread.  Maybe I misunderstood?

We have a service call center locally that represents about 20 different brands and products. Any one Rep may work on 5-6 of the brands/lines. The Reps know by the incoming line which product you’re calling about, plus with the information gathered. Different companies, different policies, different outcomes, same rep working them. NCL/Regent/Oceania Air Department is the same. They don’t have to have identical policies for the same umbrella organization to function.

• Like 2