Alexandria to Cairo overnight

luv2bcruzn

Can anyone recommend a private tour that will take 2-4 people on an overnight trip from the port of Alexandria to see the pyramids, Sphinx, Egyptian Museum, and bazaar in Cairo? 5 star hotel recommendations would be appreciated also. Thanks.

On 4/5/2023 at 6:39 PM, luv2bcruzn said:

Can anyone recommend a private tour that will take 2-4 people on an overnight trip from the port of Alexandria to see the pyramids, Sphinx, Egyptian Museum, and bazaar in Cairo? 5 star hotel recommendations would be appreciated also. Thanks.

do you only have one day in cairo? you wont be able to fit all of that in unfortunately! just got back a couple days ago from egypt.  i can def recommend tour company and the hotels we stayed in in cairo! 

If the poster has an overnight, they should have enough time. The sphinx and pyramids are at the same location. IF the new Grand Egyptian Museum finally opens, as currently planned, it too will be on the Giza Plain. I would suggest staying at the wonderful historic Mena House hotel (also in Giza, some rooms have pyramid views).

When you find a tour provider, ask carefully about the Khan el-Khalili bazaar. It is right next to a large fundamentalist mosque and a major university. For shopping it is a bit disappointing. You can get some very nice photos there, however.

I haven’t been to Egypt recently enough to recommend a specific provider, sorry.