Should my kids have Mariner accounts too?

Hllb

They will automatically be assigned a Mariner number.  All sailors get a Mariner number.  If you mean to use the app, that is up to you. There is a chat feature which is marginal but other than that they may find little use for it

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mary229 said:

They will automatically be assigned a Mariner number.  All sailors get a Mariner number.  If you mean to use the app, that is up to you. There is a chat feature which is marginal but other than that they may find little use for it

Oh, they need a number to use the app. I should have realized that LOL. They'll need one then. For better or worse, we'll try using the app for texting. I remember last time we cruised (not with HAL) that it was pretty terrible and couldn't be relied upon.

16 minutes ago, Hllb said:

Oh, they need a number to use the app. I should have realized that LOL. They'll need one then. For better or worse, we'll try using the app for texting. I remember last time we cruised (not with HAL) that it was pretty terrible and couldn't be relied upon.

That can all be done when you arrive.  The chat never seems to alert you to a message 🤷‍♀️

On 4/7/2023 at 7:37 AM, Hllb said:

5 of us going on the cruise, and my husband and I have accounts. Should the kids have their own accounts too? Two of them are adults (18, 19) and the other is 13. 

If any or all of you have cruised on any Carnival Corp ship(s), let HAL know your frequent user number from the other line.  Everyone with points from another Carnival Corp cruise will board the HAL ship as a 1 Star mariner versus getting 1- Star status AFTER their first HAL cruise.  1 Star doesn't get you much in terms of perks but it's still better than nothing.

Short answer:  yes.  They should start getting credit for days at sea now.  My daughter is 26 and is already working toward her 3 star status.  We started taking her on cruises with us when she was 4.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AFNavigator said:

If any or all of you have cruised on any Carnival Corp ship(s), let HAL know your frequent user number from the other line.  Everyone with points from another Carnival Corp cruise will board the HAL ship as a 1 Star mariner versus getting 1- Star status AFTER their first HAL cruise.  1 Star doesn't get you much in terms of perks but it's still better than nothing.

I wasn’t aware they did this. We have all been on one Carnival cruise before. I did get one star from HAL, and I wasn’t sure why, but no one else did.

1 hour ago, Hllb said:

I wasn’t aware they did this. We have all been on one Carnival cruise before. I did get one star from HAL, and I wasn’t sure why, but no one else did.

You have to provide each person's Carnival VIFP number... it's not automatic.

• 3 weeks later...

Once I was on a Carnival cruise and was talking with a couple who were traveling with their grandson.  They had something like a 2 star status (can't remember Carnival's status types), but their grandson had a 4 star.  He was cruising separate cruises with each set of grandparents, and also with his parents.  So funny!!!!o