Excursions

Tntt

• 3 weeks later...

Last time on the Island was in 2016 and we did a tour with Bernards. Will be booking them again in January 2024 for sure.

On my first time we took a taxi to Mullet Bay beach, spent a couple of hours there, then walked to Maho, spent a couple of hours there also and took a taxi to port.

Second time was with Bernards, a little bit of beach time but a lot of Island covered by the tour. tour guide was "mailman" he was so funny and informative.

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/7/2023 at 10:39 AM, Tntt said:

One of the ports we are visiting is st marten, I would like to go to maho Beach which is famous for the airplanes landing over the

Beach. However my spouse is skeptical about going too far from the port area because how sometimes tourists are targeted In foreign islands and my spouse doesn't want to do an independent excursion because RC is not responsible if you are late getting back to the ship. I was wondering has anyone did a RC excursion to maho Beach and what was your experience. Also is it true if you are late getting back to the ship on RC excursion they will either wait or make sure you get back on the ship without penalty. 

Is there much to do in walking distance near the ship

1 hour ago, PORT ROYAL said:

What is the “do” one would consider of interest?
People can have different requirements.

Shops, parks, or do you have to take a taxi to get to the town. Some ports there is nothing but the cruise ships terminal and store.

12 minutes ago, Topdog52 said:

Shops, parks, or do you have to take a taxi to get to the town. Some ports there is nothing but the cruise ships terminal and store.

There are no parks/gardens within a walk of the port.

But there are small bars, shops, stalls, jewellery stores and a mini-market within, the port area.

Then, 15/20 minutes walk one is in the main town and beach area, where there are many, many shops, bars, restaurants and the list goes on…….

If seeking a very special bottle of Malt or Blended Scotch, Rhum, Rum, Rye etc, then take a stop at GULMHORS on Front Street in the town centre.  

One can’t get lost, as one can see the ship from the town.  On the return to ship one can flag down a shared shuttle for about $4 pp, who ply their trade down Front Street.  Or take the water taxi.

Edited by PORT ROYAL
Typo
  • Like 1

• 6 months later...

My wife and I like to see more of the island and visit a few beaches, maybe David's Hole and then back into town for Gulmhors for a bottle to bring home later... are taxi's available at each of these stops? A private tour is wasted on the two of us, but we want to visit a few places and stay longer if needed only. 

5 hours ago, threedjmay said:

My wife and I like to see more of the island and visit a few beaches, maybe David's Hole and then back into town for Gulmhors for a bottle to bring home later... are taxi's available at each of these stops? A private tour is wasted on the two of us, but we want to visit a few places and stay longer if needed only. 

There will be taxis available.  Also, one’s driver can be asked for a timed pickup etc..

Only “a” bottle?  😃