Carnival/MSC live S2S

MSCs Steakhouse is called Butcher's Cut. I have eaten in Carnival's Steakhouse many times and rank it higher than what I experienced last night.  Delicious,  good quality and preparation but neither WOW nor memorable. Next time I would try the sushi place instead. 

20230408_202645.jpg

20230408_203551.jpg

20230408_203557.jpg

20230408_204045.jpg

20230408_205930.jpg

• Like 10

I had an excellent double cappuccino (included in drink package) this morning.  There are more cappuccino bars on this ship than I remember being on any Carnival ship, but I sail Carnival Venezia next month so maybe that will change. Funny that this ship and the May Carnival cruise are both themed after my favorite city, Venice,  Italy.

20230409_093938.jpg

• Like 7

19 minutes ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

I miss the dogs and ferrets. 

IMG_3452.jpeg

Awwwwww that's so sweet. It just reminded me of my little dwarf hamster I lost last weekend. She was doing very poorly so I just wrapped her up and held her all weekend trying to make her comfortable.

IMG_20230319_190216850.jpg

• Like 8

12 minutes ago, LatinaInTexas said:

Awwwwww that's so sweet. It just reminded me of my little dwarf hamster I lost last weekend. She was doing very poorly so I just wrapped her up and held her all weekend trying to make her comfortable.

IMG_20230319_190216850.jpg

If you're like us you grieve really hard when losing a loved pet. Grieve honestly,  and remember that when you're ready there's another little somebody in need of love.

• Like 7

We had tried the MSC Divina last September and we were very surprised how nice it was.  We had a quick weekend getaway and it was perfect.  Their private island was a very nice relaxing day which is what we were looking for at the time.

• Like 1

On 4/8/2023 at 5:26 PM, IntrepidFromDC said:

The line for food at the main trough was long and didn't move quickly.  Fuhgettaboutit.

20230408_131714.jpg

I've seen that on youtube videos. For some reason they can't figure this out. :classic_sad:

Time to go look for the food trucks. A lot less waiting time

Edited by Illbcruzn4life

Disembark process alot like Carnival,  self assist is called first then others are called in order of luggage tag number.  I  am happy to report hitting quads three times yesterday,  I have never had them even twice in a single day before.  Time to walk to Carnival Conquest and donate my MSC winnings.  😁 🏴‍☠️

20230410_080358.jpg

20230410_080408.jpg

• Like 4

Dinner last night in MDR was eh. I only took a pic of the lobster ravioli.  The menu claimed the pasta was made onboard.  Was al dente but still not very good. I also had a salad and appetizer (no pics). The salad dressing was yummy but some of the salad greens were turning brown. 

20230409_190843_001.jpg

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

The show last night was like a hodgepodge - dancers, juggler, acrobats and gymnasts. All were very good and well worth the price of admission. 

20230409_214348.jpg

20230409_215029.jpg

Was there an admission charge?  I saw prices on the steakhouse menu and wasn't sure if you were charged for shows as well.  TIA!

They opened the checkin right as I arrived.  Only 30 or so people ahead of me, checked in at 930, thru the security and now waiting in the suite, diamond, platinum, fttf lounge at 938.  But they won't let us on until 1045. I see people still in disembark line on Conquest. 

20230410_091728.jpg

20230410_093638.jpg

• Like 4

Thank you for doing this comparison! I have branched out and have my first non-Carnival cruise booked for August, on MSC, and like you it will be after 25 CCL cruises. It will be interesting to see how I like it. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, pirate4me2 said:

Thank you for doing this comparison! I have branched out and have my first non-Carnival cruise booked for August, on MSC, and like you it will be after 25 CCL cruises. It will be interesting to see how I like it. 

Will you do a review?  Pretty please?😁

• Like 1

Just now, ninjacat123 said:

Will you do a review?  Pretty please?😁

Absolutly! I will be doing a full live review on the MSC pages (internet permitting) and a live-ish comparison on here, again internet permitting. 🙂

• Like 5