Advice on what time to book private transportation to airport.

lem3u

Hello,

We will be getting off the Symphony of the Seas in Barcelona on a Sunday in late September.  It says the ship docks at 5am.  We will be walking off with our luggage at the earliest permissible time(have an 11:15am flight back to the US).  I want to book a private taxi/car service to the airport, but I'm not sure what time to tell them to be there for our reservation.  Any advise or thoughts from people who have done the same? Not sure how long after docking it is before you are allowed to disembark or any customs/other things that we have to do before we can leave the port. Thanks so much!

On 4/7/2023 at 4:54 PM, lem3u said:

Hello,

We will be getting off the Symphony of the Seas in Barcelona on a Sunday in late September.  It says the ship docks at 5am.  We will be walking off with our luggage at the earliest permissible time(have an 11:15am flight back to the US).  I want to book a private taxi/car service to the airport, but I'm not sure what time to tell them to be there for our reservation.  Any advise or thoughts from people who have done the same? Not sure how long after docking it is before you are allowed to disembark or any customs/other things that we have to do before we can leave the port. Thanks so much!

I asked this same question as we're sailing on Symphony and we have the same time flight out to the US. I had planned to get private transportation, but someone assure me that there were many taxi's available. Said it shouldn't be an issue at all.  You need to do what's best for you. I think we'll just get off asap and grab a taxi.

Have fun sailing!

2 hours ago, bigsky said:

I asked this same question as we're sailing on Symphony and we have the same time flight out to the US. I had planned to get private transportation, but someone assure me that there were many taxi's available. Said it shouldn't be an issue at all.  You need to do what's best for you. I think we'll just get off asap and grab a taxi.

Have fun sailing!

Thanks so much for the reply!  I saw your reply to my other post as well.  I completely forgot I even made that post.  lol.  One part of me wants to just walk off and grab a taxi, but the I think the other part will win.  I am waiting to hear back on a quote for a private car.  Assuming it's not too much more than a taxi, I think we will end up doing that and asking them to show up and be ready by 7am.  Have a great trip as well!