Caribbean Princess MDR's

teh3505

There are three MDR on the Caribbean Princess. The Island, Palm and Coral.  I already made reservations dining in a different one each night.  My question is, is one nicer, better or whatever over the others ones?  I'm sure it a personal preference, but wanted to hear from others who have sailed on the Caribbean Princess.

Thanks to all who take the time to answer my question.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, teh3505 said:

There are three MDR on the Caribbean Princess. The Island, Palm and Coral.  I already made reservations dining in a different one each night.  My question is, is one nicer, better or whatever over the others ones?  I'm sure it a personal preference, but wanted to hear from others who have sailed on the Caribbean Princess.

We did 6 weeks on the CB last year.  The MDR’s are basically the same, very little difference.  The menu is exactly the same.  I think, more important is the location.  We like the Coral, because it is midship and our cabin was forward.  If I had an aft cabin, I’d pick the Palm DR.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We chose the Palm because it’s a little more remote and hidden. My strategy of dining at the same MDR every night paid off. We did not have the same waiter but the head waiter made each meal especially for me and I had some of the best ship food I’ve ever tasted. We did have some staff overlap as well and that helps. That way they remember the little things like which wine my wife drinks or not to put butter on my bread plate. 

• Like 1

On 4/8/2023 at 9:42 AM, teh3505 said:

We would want to be in the same DR every night as the staff get to know you.  We also want the same table and waiters for the duration.  It just is a smoother and nicer experience for us than starting with a new waiter each night.  On our last voyages, we were even getting same waiter for breakfast in the DR and that was fun and much better on the service side IMO.