Drinks Package - Ordering Drinks via the App/at the bar

My partner and I are looking at booking a cruise, I'm a bit confused over ordering drinks. If we have a drinks package and order drinks via the App can I order a drink for both of us on the drinks package or do we each need to order our own drink? Similarly if we go to the bar do we both need to go to the bar or can I pick up 1 for each of us.

I'm a bit confused having seen someone say they got charged for the 2nd drink when they ordered 2 despite both people being on the same booking and same cabin and same drinks packge.

2 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

I've never heard of ordering drinks though the app

I’ve seen some post with people complaining about not getting drinks ordered through the app. I don’t think it was Royal though. NCL maybe?

15 minutes ago, Denversail said:

I’ve seen some post with people complaining about not getting drinks ordered through the app. I don’t think it was Royal though. NCL maybe?

You can order drinks through the app on Princess.  It was actually quite awesome!

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, dxmedia said:

My partner and I are looking at booking a cruise, I'm a bit confused over ordering drinks. If we have a drinks package and order drinks via the App can I order a drink for both of us on the drinks package or do we each need to order our own drink? Similarly if we go to the bar do we both need to go to the bar or can I pick up 1 for each of us.

I'm a bit confused having seen someone say they got charged for the 2nd drink when they ordered 2 despite both people being on the same booking and same cabin and same drinks packge.

You can not order 2 drinks at a time with 1 card , but going with both cards in hand should not be an issue 

Cheers

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Denversail said:

It was a Princess Cruise that dxmedia was talking about

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LobsterStalker said:

You can not order 2 drinks at a time with 1 card , but going with both cards in hand should not be an issue 

Cheers

Once the bartender is familiar with both you and your partner they stop caring about having two cards and will gladly charge both your drinks when you only have one card.  They can see both of your DBP's on the POS terminal at the bar.

• Like 1