Jeep Rental

jonsmom

Has anyone rented a jeep in Aruba?  We are thinking of an all inclusive day pass but maybe we would have more fun renting a jeep and exploring.  We also will be bringing a car seat for a one year old.  Has anyone had experience from using one available with car company.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
9 hours ago, hydro1570 said:

They are letting you return it that late? I was going to rent from another company but they said we must have it back by 6pm when we also leave at 10. 

Yes, I contacted where I rented. Top Drive responded that it would be dropoff in the lockbox regardless. We are there 8am-10PM. The absolute latest we would drop it off would be 8PM and most likely 7PM. Don't want to take chances getting back to the port area.

On 4/18/2023 at 9:26 AM, BoozinCroozin said:

We have a Jeep reserved through Top Drive. Great price for the day at $160 including insurance. We have it the entire day. Since we leave at 10PM, we will get a good 10+ hours with it.

10 hours ago, hydro1570 said:

They are letting you return it that late? I was going to rent from another company but they said we must have it back by 6pm when we also leave at 10. 

8 minutes ago, BoozinCroozin said:

Yes, I contacted where I rented. Top Drive responded that it would be dropoff in the lockbox regardless. We are there 8am-10PM. The absolute latest we would drop it off would be 8PM and most likely 7PM. Don't want to take chances getting back to the port area.

Nice, that is convenient. Do you know which location is the best one to choose for being the closest to the port? Do you plan to walk to it? 
Also, the other company I was going to book with includes insurance this one I see you have to add it in & there are so many options. 

We have to take a cab to and from to get to Machebo Resort to get the jeep. It adds about $10 each way. The other benefit is the rent a cooler for the day for $5. This will let us take drinks from the ship with us to load the cooler.

• 2 months later...

We were on the Mardi Gras and stopped in Aruba on Aug 8th.  We took a cab from the port (more on that in a sec) to Manchebo for $15USD plus tip.  The Top Drive rep. popped in a few minutes later (I'm not sure if he just came over for us or if he was always there) and we were on our way 10 minutes later.

Getting a cab at the port was a challenge.  There is a taxi stand on the Main Street (cross the street from the Port, near the I Love Aruba sign) but it was 1:30PM and taxis were full of visitors going to hotels from the airport so they were not stopping.  Some helpful gentleman (not sure if he was employed by anyone) starting flagging cabs for those us waiting to head north.  We realized later that there may have been a taxi stand right as we stepped off the ship.

Top Drive gave us a map.  We toured the sights and tried some of the "back roads" but there were just too rough.  We returned the jeep around 6PM or so (we had it until 8PM as we arranged - could have been later) and we walked 10 minutes to the south edge of Eagle Beach and watched the sunset.  We also had a dip and ate some sand. (if you've been there you know what I mean).

Around 7:30 or so we walked back to Manchebo (after looking to see if we could get a cab at Eagle) and the front desk called us a cab.  We waited about 15 minutes.

BTW, do NOT gas up the jeep at the gas station near the port.  It is a zoo and is hard to get in and out of.