Arvia Godmother on Ant and Dec Takeaway

Gettingwarmer

If i went on a cruise and found out Ant & Dec was on the same cruise as the 'Entertainment' i wouldn't Fall over board i'd Jump.!

The only person who would be worse than them would be Keith Lemon then i would slit my wrists first.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Cpt Pugwash said:

More like Dumb & Dumber without any talent.

They are not that dumb, they have been at the top of their profession for the last 30 years and have won countless awards.

I get that their shows aren’t for everyone, and I only see them when I’m keeping a passing interest in I’m a Celebrity.

But I’m slightly startled by the amount of venom that they seem to be attracting on this board! 

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

They are not that dumb, they have been at the top of their profession for the last 30 years and have won countless awards.

I get that their shows aren’t for everyone, and I only see them when I’m keeping a passing interest in I’m a Celebrity.

But I’m slightly startled by the amount of venom that they seem to be attracting on this board! 

I've nothing against them and like you, I feel they are very good at what they do. What they do isn't to my taste at all on any of the projects they are involved in but I can appreciate that they must be doing something right for a lot of people.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Dermotsgirl said:

So folk don't watch them, but know who Dumb and Dumber are. P&O must have a difficult task trying to cater for all tastes. I guess that's why they stick with Eric and Ern.🤣

1 hour ago, Cpt Pugwash said:

If i went on a cruise and found out Ant & Dec was on the same cruise as the 'Entertainment' i wouldn't Fall over board i'd Jump.!

The only person who would be worse than them would be Keith Lemon then i would slit my wrists first.

Leigh Francis is quite talented and entertaining though.🤔

21 hours ago, Cpt Pugwash said:

I don't see why there would be plenty of other things to do. They may not appeal but at least they have managed to stay employed in a difficult area and be successful for 30 years plus no mean feat.

Edited by ccpm

Back when Britannia was launched (so eight or so years ago) an early cruise featured Ant and Deck appearing live from the ship on their Saturday night tv programme.  Presumably that was because it was seen as marketing with an appeal to the demographic profile that P&O were aiming at.

We now need to believe that in the past eight years that target demographic still has the same tastes in holidays but now wants to eat bland, small portioned food that is only available if you are prepared on occasions to wait a few hours to eat it.  

Personally, I am not convinced in the market research on that one.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ccpm said:

I don't see why there would be plenty of other things to do. They may not appeal but at least they have managed to stay employed in a difficult area and be successful for 30 years plus no mean feat.

And there main audience i think you will find out is Old Grannies thinking 'there nice boy's'.

Oh dear lot's of people complaining about my post because i don't like them when they do, not used to listening to other peoples opinions only those who have the same as there's.

Luckily for me only met 1 person like this while cruising though many online comments by them.

2 minutes ago, david63 said:

How many can say that all of the entertainment on a cruise is to their liking - I certainly cannot.

If something/someone does not appeal then don't watch it - it really is that simple.

Was it entertaining?. Yes....job done.  If we don't enjoy it we won't go again. We fly to Malta tomorrow and join Azura on Thursday. We don't know what the entertainment is, but plan to go to the 10.30 every evening.

1 hour ago, david63 said:

How many can say that all of the entertainment on a cruise is to their liking - I certainly cannot.

If something/someone does not appeal then don't watch it - it really is that simple.

Well said David but as you can see people are not suppose to have a different opinion from what i call the 'flock' these days.

Wonder why no one mentioned my dislike of Keith Lemon, could it be because they dislike him as well.?

2 hours ago, Cpt Pugwash said:

Oh dear lot's of people complaining about my post because i don't like them when they do, not used to listening to other peoples opinions only those who have the same as there's.

Luckily for me only met 1 person like this while cruising though many online comments by them.

Nobody has said that you can't post your opinion.

However, if you post an opinion, it's reasonable to expect people to reply with their thoughts, which may be different to yours. 

That's very different to 'complaining about a post' - nobody has complained about you posting, and they have listened, because they have responded.  I don't think anybody actually said there were fans of Ant and Dec either. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dermotsgirl said:

Nobody has said that you can't post your opinion.

However, if you post an opinion, it's reasonable to expect people to reply with their thoughts, which may be different to yours. 

That's very different to 'complaining about a post' - nobody has complained about you posting, and they have listened, because they have responded.  I don't think anybody actually said there were fans of Ant and Dec either. 

Sorry don't agree i did not suggest anyone jumped overboard like i said i would, i did not comment on the posts by people who say they like them, but they comment on mine why do you think that is?

Also i was not the only person that commented they didn't like them, why d you think none of those who commented on the other ones, let me guess cause the other comments are by regular posters or 'friends' on here with them.

Why would anyone comment only on my post and not the others that say they do not like Ant & Dec as well.?

It was like another P&O Forum where i said politely that Olden must have changed over the years with everyone saying it was a lovely place because when i was there and the Captain summed it up when he announced 'what you see is what you get' because there was very little in it.

I got pelters for that post but not a single person mentioned what the Captain had said.

Edited by Cpt Pugwash

5 hours ago, Cpt Pugwash said:

Well said David but as you can see people are not suppose to have a different opinion from what i call the 'flock' these days.

Wonder why no one mentioned my dislike of Keith Lemon, could it be because they dislike him as well.?

Who the heck is Keith Lemon?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, terrierjohn said:

Who the heck is Keith Lemon?

He is that little idiot that only advertises for one of the online betting sites. Used to have his own show where he thought no matter what he did was hilarious.

Edited by Cpt Pugwash

4 hours ago, lincslady said:

Oh dear, this thread is getting a bit like the other Arvia one. Maybe there is something in the atmosphere on the ship which gets people going??

No it's online chat/comment sections these days yes people should be able to post there opinions but just because one doesn't agree with there's too many people commenting on the post with as they used to say ' 'putting there tuppence worth in'. 

You can pick any subject on any Forum and you will see people commenting on others posts they don't agree with.

You can see this on more than Ariva thread on here.