Stateroom categories

DuffyMum

6 hours ago, DuffyMum said:

As a newbie to the world of cruising, my first question is for anyone that has travelled on Carnival Splendour.

What is the difference between 8C and 8D when it comes to rooms?

Deck and location. The rooms themselves are identical. 😎

7 hours ago, DuffyMum said:

As a newbie to the world of cruising, my first question is for anyone that has travelled on Carnival Splendour.

What is the difference between 8C and 8D when it comes to rooms?

Agree with above. Carnival prices categories as the deck is higher. Mid is more than aft and forward. Then up a category generally to the deck above, same thing.

I was surprised as rcl prices them by location on the deck. I can find the cheapest in the category on the highest decks. I like this better lol. 

So the way carnival does their categories is not universal to cruiselines. If not I'd always pick the pool deck or 2 decks below pool deck, but costs more on carnival. 

23 minutes ago, DuffyMum said:

So what's better to go for - aft, forward or mid?  I've been offered two rooms on Deck 8 - one is forward and one is mid.

I prefer aft or mid because most of what I want on the ship is midship or aft. It seems like every time I have a FWD room I'm walking the length of the ship all day long.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, DuffyMum said:

So what's better to go for - aft, forward or mid?  I've been offered two rooms on Deck 8 - one is forward and one is mid.

I too prefer aft to forward. The buffet and dining rooms are aft and I eat multiple times a day and easy pool access. Mid is less motion. My last cruise I was 4 from the front and we hit a lot of motion. All my drawers wouldnt stay closed. Lol. .. a lot of motion!

• Like 1

It's a matrix of what deck and the location on that deck.  Generally midship cabins are more expensive on a given deck and each deck you go up comes with a price increase.  I prefer mid-ship or aft cabins as they usually require less walking. 

Cabins all the way forward are the farthest away from the food venus which you will routinely be going to straight from your cabin.