7-Day Western Caribbean on the Caribbean Princess - Part Two (the rest of the story)

Guardsy

So, we are still in the suite holders cocktail party (on my second cocktail) when the two suite concierge folks find us again to inquire on the list of what all happened, or didn't happen, in the last 36-hours.  They did very well taking notes.

We headed from the party to dinner in the Coral Dining Room.  Excellent service!  Wonderful head waiter who we requested each time we entered the Club Class area.  While at dinner, Roy (Dir of F & B) stopped by our table to offer his apologies again and to assure us that everything would be taken care of for us.  He inquired on the shirt that I purchased in the shop and wanted to be sure to was all a good fit, that I liked it, etc.  About 20 minutes later, Segunda, the Assist. Director of F & B stopped by our table in casual clothes (he was off that day) and said he had been alerted by his boss and that he was also making sure all would get handled.  He asked about not being able to get our liquors changed out and apologized like crazy and said what we went through should have NEVER happened.  He asked what liquors we preferred and we said Bourbon/Whiskey (not scotch) and vodka, but not the gin/scotch/brandy that was left - all 16 bottles of it.  After thanking him, we went back to dinner and then off to wander some of the calories off.

Went back to our suite and were immediately contacted by our cabin steward, in person.  It appears that in the last two hours, some folks had been called back to their stations.  Our steward was concerned about his role with our laundry and the mini-bar.  We assured him that those were outside his control and not to worry.  Roy stopped by as well while we were in the hall and we told him the same.  At that point a THIRD mini-bar set-up was delivered, all Canadian Club and Absolut Vodka, 6 bottles of each, plus some cokes and tonic waters.  I had to ask the young lady to go ahead and take the other 16 bottles with her.  Seeing a white uniform in our room with three stripes on the shoulders, she wasn't asking any questions.  Next thing a HUGE floral bouquet was delivered and placed next to the large bouquet we got the first day.  THEN a bottle of Jim Beam, compliments of Segunda, was delivered.  Finally, the Suite Supervisor stopped by for what was now his third visit to our cabin.  He wanted to be sure that our "cabin steward" had gotten everything corrected and we said yes.  Roy was still in the cabin and the supervisor reminded me that he had spoken to me just that afternoon and I said "Yes, that was me.  You stopped by today and yesterday both.  I had mentioned to you both times about the mini-bar as well, but even that didn't get it taken care of.  But, now it looks like we are all good!"  We wanted to make sure everyone understood that our cabin steward did what was asked of him, but some things simply didn't get completed by others.

By the next day, we also received an additional OBC as an apology, AND Princess comp'd me the cost of the shirt that I had to buy in the shops.  We finally had to ask that everyone; 1) Stop apologizing, and 2) Please stop sending free stuff and paying for things on-board.

However, as a suite perk, you get two bottles of water per day.  We only received two bottles for the whole trip.  But, we had free water as part of our drink package so we just kept bringing it with us.

Also a perk is deluxe canapes delivered each afternoon on request.  Did this the first day with no issue at all, delivered in 15-minutes.  Tried to order a couple of days later but were told there was a 24-hour minimum order time.  Oh, and we got charged for the order we got on the first evening.  Front desk refunded that charge.

I am happy to say that the rest of the week was much smoother, although the flooding shower was never repaired.  They just kept bringing us LOTS of pool towels everyday for the floor.

Some other observations while on-board:

Full ship.  Spring break, so what would we expect?  Lots of kids but it wasn't distracting too much.  Just lots of sunscreen clouding all of the pools, but we don't get in ships pools anyway.

Odd that Princess does not have better music around the pool areas when the actually DO have music.  At best they play a low, Princess Tropical elevator music set that is blah.  With today's technology, why not play popular, uplifting music (Bruno Mars, Justin Timberlake, etc) that keeps things lively?  One afternoon the cruise director did a L O N G, drawn out music trivia with popular stuff, but when that ended at 3 PM, with a crowded, energy-filled pool area, there was nothing.  Within 30 minutes, at 3:30, the main pool was nearly deserted.  It was sad!

We also only received a breakfast order slip to leave on the door once during the week.  Not each day.  Hmmm.

Ok, enough from me.  I know there are many others who were on the same cruise.

• Thanks 2

We were on the cruise!  This was our first Elite cruise and I SOOOO wanted to send in some laundry, but I did not.  LOL  I did a load half way through, because I needed to make sure that my husband's pants were ready for the next evening's dinner.   Oh well, next cruise!  
There were 600 kids on board, but they really were pretty good.  The only thing that got me was some young teen boys standing on the side of the hot tub ( in the MUTS pool) and jumping into the pool from the hot tub.  That is a pretty big jump, on a wet surface, onto tile.  I told my husband that I wasn't going to sit there and watch those boys crack their skulls open, so I got up to find someone to ask them to stop, but when I got up, some very smart man got up and stretched out in the hot tub RIGHT where the teens were standing.  He was smiling with his arms stretched out, so I think he sat there on purpose.  Well done!

We didn't have any problems with things not working right or not delivered.  I did call for room service hot tea one night and she told me it would be about 45 minutes and I thanked her for telling me and I said to never mind.  The other nights, I called and received it within 15 minutes.  Food was good.  Service was good.  Staff was friendly.  95% of the cruisers were happy & friendly.  All was good!

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, MTNest93 said:

Sad to hear the suite perks weren't there.  You would think the staff knows which should be provided.  Can I ask which cabin # you were in?

F-315

2 hours ago, MTNest93 said:

Thank you.  Luckily we are not booked in that cabin and hopefully our window suite won’t have flooding issues in the bathroom.  

Ours was an ADA cabin, so it has a roll-in shower with floor drains/grates all the way around it.  The flooding was caused by one side of the curtain, which fell 6" shorts of the floor, had its ceiling track just slightly outside of the grates, so the water came down on the floor in the rest of the bathroom.  Fairly easy to diagnose.  I am simply amazed that in the nearly 20 years that this ship has been on the seas, no one has corrected the simple issues.  You could see where the tiles/wall had been re-caulked many, many times over.

19 hours ago, Guardsy said:

Ours was an ADA cabin, so it has a roll-in shower with floor drains/grates all the way around it.  The flooding was caused by one side of the curtain, which fell 6" shorts of the floor, had its ceiling track just slightly outside of the grates, so the water came down on the floor in the rest of the bathroom.  Fairly easy to diagnose.  I am simply amazed that in the nearly 20 years that this ship has been on the seas, no one has corrected the simple issues.  You could see where the tiles/wall had been re-caulked many, many times over.

Wow, you’d think they would fix that being an ADA cabin!