Purchasing WiFi Confusion (Guests, Number of Devices)

MarkWiltonM

I have a cruise-only fare on Beyond and I'm looking at purchasing basic WiFi for myself and my partner. The webpage says it's $16.99 per guest per day for 1 device (as of today). That's $33.98 per day total for us to each have our own account and for each to use 1 device. Another option is for me to purchase WiFi for one guest but for 2 devices. That is less expensive at $24.99 per day. 

My question is if I purchase the WiFi for myself for 2 devices and the 2 devices are my phone and my partner's phone, will this work? I am actually the owner of the wireless plan and the two phones, one of which my partner uses, so technically and legally they are both mine. I assume I'd be able to operate both devices at the same time, because it's when you purchase the plan for 1 device that you can only have one device connected at a time (or so it has been in the past on every cruise line I've been on, including Celebrity).

It's a bit confusing that 2 devices for one guest would be less expensive than one device each for two guests (still 2 devices total), because it appears to me that the result would be the same. Am I missing something? 

If you don't need two devices simultaneously you can just buy a 1 device plan.  A two device plan allows two devices at the same time.  Has nothing to do with who owns them or if you have ten devices and use them two at a time.  So buy whatever is cheaper and makes sense for the type of usage you will have.  We routinely share a single device plan when we don't get a package with the cruise purchase.

Note that onboard speeds are not all that great.  It is important to find a location with a good strong signal or your wifi will act like it is connected over a phone.

Edited by LeeW
more
  • Thanks 2