Faster to fun review on Mardis Gras/spring break

Thenagers

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"Thank you for sharing your review with everyone at Cruise Critic. Please consider submitting it to the site for publication as well: Click: Write a Review."

Thenagers was awarded the badge 'Great Review'

We traveled with other families but personally had 2 cabins. One was an Ocean suite on deck 12 and an interior across the hall. We wanted to make sure we all got to board together so we bought faster to fun for the interior room. We had 10:30 appointments for both cabins but could have gotten earlier since I set my alarm and did check in as soon as it opened up. They let both Cabins to board together with the faster the fun boarding group. Our friends without it boarded 10-:15 after us? Our suite was clean and ready when we boarded but the faster to fun cabin wasn’t ready. Since we had the suite cabin ready we didn’t leave anything in the faster to fun cabin. Priority luggage didn’t happen. None of our bags got there before 3:30? Our friends without either faster to fun or a suite go theirs a little earlier than us? We were able to get our room keys and go to guest services before the 1:30 max rush. Had to get extra keys so my daughter and husband could switch rooms. Used shorter guest services line for that but otherwise never went back there? Overall not sure faster to fun worth it for us. I do think a tender port might have made a difference? But we had most of these perks by having a suite. It was definitely worth it in 2019 on horizon. Grand cayman tender port. Cabin actually ready? Daughter kept losing her card so many trips to guest services. These are just my experience on Mardis Gras on a sold out sailing. Might be worth it another time?

• Like 3

We did get FTTF once pre-covid when it was like $49, but I don't think I'd get it again. Obviously being able to board the ship a little earlier is nice, or you can just sign in earlier enough to board early and board 10 or 15 mins later. The guest services line is probably the other biggest plus if you need to use it. If there is no tender port then that is a moot point. I suppose being able to drop off your carry on luggage a bit earlier is nice. The only other thing I see you didn't get was the priority luggage drop off, I'm not sure about that, I am platinum and I haven't even experienced that yet. Apparently it's a big money maker for Carnival so as long as people are buying it, they'll probably keep raising the price. 

• Like 1

We have used it in past (before platinum) to self debark earlier as we typically drive to port and wanted to get on road asap.  This and the VIP guest line (just in case) were probably the most worth for us back in the day.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RCLcruiser2012 said:

That would be frustrating.  Did you ask for a refund on board?  You certainly didn't get what you are paid for. 

I believe they did get what they paid for. 

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, mz-s said:

I agree. It's just that FTTF isn't worth what they charge (in my opinion!).

I would agree. I never bought it. Maybe if you have a large family in the room and you got stuck with a late check-in time. But as long as it sells out I would continue to raise the price.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

I would agree. I never bought it. Maybe if you have a large family in the room and you got stuck with a late check-in time. But as long as it sells out I would continue to raise the price.

Value is in the eye of the beholder. 

I have not cruised without FTTF since it started and yes, when I get a 10am check in time it feels like I probably wasted the money, but when I get unlucky and draw that noon or 1pm check in time, then FTTF just bought be two hours on the ship, because I am going to be in front of that terminal at 9am. 

• Like 1

How much did it cost?

Normally I wouldn't be bothered to get FTTF, but next year we are getting married at sea on the Mardi Gras and are thinking about getting it so that we can drop off our carry on in the room right away instead of carrying it around with us. We'd be carrying on my wedding dress, silk bouquet, his suit and of course our wine and whatever else. Am I correct in thinking this is how FTTF works? 

3 minutes ago, Guppy746 said:

How much did it cost?

Normally I wouldn't be bothered to get FTTF, but next year we are getting married at sea on the Mardi Gras and are thinking about getting it so that we can drop off our carry on in the room right away instead of carrying it around with us. We'd be carrying on my wedding dress, silk bouquet, his suit and of course our wine and whatever else. Am I correct in thinking this is how FTTF works? 

If you are booking your wedding package through Carnival talk to your wedding planner as you probably won't need FTTF, generally wedding parties board before anybody - even FTTF purchasers.

Just now, mz-s said:

If you are booking your wedding package through Carnival talk to your wedding planner as you probably won't need FTTF, generally wedding parties board before anybody - even FTTF purchasers.

That's only if you are having an embarkation wedding, which we are not. We are getting married at sea on the second day.

Just now, Guppy746 said:

That's only if you are having an embarkation wedding, which we are not. We are getting married at sea on the second day.

You could consider waiting to board until closer to 1:30 when the staterooms are generally available and you wouldn't need FTTF. But yes if you want to board earlier and want to be able to drop stuff off in your room, FTTF will give you that ability.