Cancelled a port call, any recourse?

Have never had them cancel all the ports except in a couple of cases where we were rerouted due to hurricanes.  Legally they have to stop somewhere outside the US (Passenger Services Act) but the contract you agreed to is they don't have to stop anywhere that was scheduled.  We've probably missed at least one port in 15% of our cruises, although usually it is when we get there and it is unsafe to dock or tender.

Folks get hit with this all the time when they plan a wedding on an island and the ship misses that island.

Just wanted to come back, and although we missed 2 of 4 NZ stops on the Ovation, they gave us a cruise day back, it was $184 for me, and ports taxes of almost $93, all refundable.  I thought this was very kind, and more than expected. It’s nice to have a credit going back to the credit card.

• Like 3

On 4/11/2023 at 9:09 AM, Nabalab said:

A few weeks ago on Harmony, we had to skip Costa Maya due to winds (or tide, I don't remember).

We were automatically refunded about $8 each for port fees.

We missed Costa Maya last week on Allure and were refunded port fees of a little over $14 each for 4 of us, so close to $60 total. We used it in the shops (4 t-shirts on sale)!

@dunedinmaiden If you have travel insurance, and you think you may be able to file a claim for a lost port, go to guest services WHILE YOU ARE ON THE SHIP and ask them for a letter stating the original and changed itineraries, and that they dropped a port. The letter should include your name(s) as travelers on that sailing. They may put your name on a list and mail the letter to your home after the cruise.  Some travel insurance will require this kind of "proof," but from what I understand, if you don't request it while you are on board, you may be out of luck.  Good luck!

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=emma+cruises+compensation

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1