San Pedro luggage drop off - then return rental car

majmaj4

Hi I am leaving on a Princess Discovery in a few weeks out of the San Pedro port.

I am solo and renting a car from Enterprise since it seems to be the closest to the port.  I was thinking of dropping off my luggage first and then the car 2nd.  That would give me some options - shuttle, uber or walk from the drop off.

Help with any of the following questions would be great;

1)  How hard would it be for me to drop off the luggage at the port - being solo.  Is there an easy in out to drop off my luggage?

2)  How early could I drop off my luggage?

3) Looks like it is about a 20 minute walk from enterprise - is that about correct.  

TIA,

You would have to park in the parking lot, take the bag over to a porter, retrieve the car and then go to Enterprise. You would have to park, because no way are the police/traffic wardens going to allow you to stop curbside and wait for a porter.

Won't Enterprise give you a ride back to the ship with your luggage?

If not, I'd drop the car, walk over to the Crowne Plaza and grab a cab, maybe an Uber.

Thanks.  Since it doesn't look like it is easy to drop off luggage I will give Enterprise a call.  I think they have shuttle but I saw people complain about shuttle delays so if delayed I will try the Crowne Plaza.

Do you know how much it is to park at the port?   Any tips for breakfast places if I get there early.  

we pull up & drop luggage every time we sail out of the port of LA (San Pedro) pull up to where the porters are & hand off your luggage (make sure you have your tags on them) & a tip...you should be able to drop off luggage by 10 or 10:30 (just did this last month for the Crown) dropped off luggage, went back for the rest of our people & then dropped them & the rest of the luggage no problem with the traffic control people

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, majmaj4 said:

Do you know how much it is to park at the port?   Any tips for breakfast places if I get there early.  

you can park free for an hour at the port parking lot if you need to 

I like the Pancake & Waffle House on Gaffey but there are a lot of good places closer to the port to eat too

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, travelin.sisters said:

we pull up & drop luggage every time we sail out of the port of LA (San Pedro) pull up to where the porters are & hand off your luggage (make sure you have your tags on them) & a tip...you should be able to drop off luggage by 10 or 10:30 (just did this last month for the Crown) dropped off luggage, went back for the rest of our people & then dropped them & the rest of the luggage no problem with the traffic control people

I am sure you've done it more times than I have, but when I pull up and drop off my family, it is only long enough to unload the luggage and I never leave the car's vicinity. Sometimes a porter is available right away, but for our Oct cruise there was crazy competition to get a porter. It was a 10 minute wait before the porter got to my family. I cannot imagine an unattended car being allowed to stay parked for 10 minutes, or possibly longer, at the curb.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, scottca075 said:

I am sure you've done it more times than I have, but when I pull up and drop off my family, it is only long enough to unload the luggage and I never leave the car's vicinity. Sometimes a porter is available right away, but for our Oct cruise there was crazy competition to get a porter. It was a 10 minute wait before the porter got to my family. I cannot imagine an unattended car being allowed to stay parked for 10 minutes, or possibly longer, at the curb.

wow that is awful...I don't know if it is the time we arrive (usually before 11) or luck, but basically we pull up & there is a porter there to take our luggage out of the car & put it on their cart without us ever leaving the car...so I guess the best answer is its often, but not always quick & easy?....

thanks for all the local info you share here on this forum...you help a lot of people

• Like 2

On 4/12/2023 at 12:44 AM, travelin.sisters said:

wow that is awful...I don't know if it is the time we arrive (usually before 11) or luck, but basically we pull up & there is a porter there to take our luggage out of the car & put it on their cart without us ever leaving the car...so I guess the best answer is its often, but not always quick & easy?....

thanks for all the local info you share here on this forum...you help a lot of people

We have had the same experience, we pull up and a porter just appears and takes our luggage, we also arrive early. So that certainly could be the difference.   Either way it would be easy enough to drive through the drop off and see if there is a porter available. If not, then resort to one of the back up plans (park and walk up, or drop the car off and take the shuttle)

• Like 1

I called the enterprise office, and they said they do not have a shuttle.   So I will probably walk over to the crown plaza if I have luggage still with me or walk back to port if no luggage.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, majmaj4 said:

I called the enterprise office, and they said they do not have a shuttle.   So I will probably walk over to the crown plaza if I have luggage still with me or walk back to port if no luggage.

Did you ask if they pick you up? I've never used Enterprise in San Pedro, but every non-airport location of Enterprise I've ever used sent a salesperson to pick me up, usually in the car I would be renting, and took me back to the Enterprise office to complete the paperwork. I can understand they don't have a shuttle (but maybe should), but does that mean they don't do pick-ups and drop offs.