Conflicting information for family cruise travel insurance

gizmo42

I am taking my adult children and their significant others on a cruise and paying for cruise portion (they will probably be paying for airfare and hotel). In calling several places  (travel insurance websites that offer policies from different companies and one travel insurance company) getting conflicting answers for something and would like to know others experience, please.

If we have to cancel cruise, this is what I have been told:

1. To show proof of purchase, family members should write me a check for their portion, writing purpose of check in note field. Then I can just give money right back to them. So canceled check is proof of purchase for cruise.

2. Since the cruise company invoice shows each person individually and how much is paid, this will be sufficient proof.

3. It doesn't really matter but wouldn't hurt to go with option #1.

Any opinions/experiences appreciated. TIA

I saw your question when you first wrote it. There are so many questions to ask before I could even begin to try to help so I left it alone hoping someone else might try to help.

Questions

Are you paying for everyone going on the cruise?

Are you just paying for the cruise? And it's their responsibility to pay anything above and beyond the cruise only expenses?

How many cabins?

What are YOU trying to insure against? Just the potential loss of your out of pocket expense of the cruise fare?

Who's responsible to pay for THEIR cost of insurance outside the cost of the cruise fare such as medical, evacuation, trip delay, trip interruption, etc?

Does everybody live in the same geographical area? Or do you live in different States?

Is everyone traveling together? Are some travelers leaving home on different dates and returning on different dates?

You've got a tough one to figure out here. I would recommend you give Steve a call at Get the Best Trip Insurance Details, Advice (tripinsurancestore.com)

888-407-3854

Edited by klfrodo
  • Thanks 1