Transportation from port to tour meeting site

rg123

We are considering a walking tour that meets in the center (?) of Athens at the tour office on Athanasiou Diakou. Can we expect buses or taxis at the cruise port to get us there? How much might it cost?

Thanks, Rita

Last year the X80 bus from Piraeus Cruise port into Athens Syntagma Square, was €4.10 for a Day Ticket.  So valid for there and back!  There was a line of taxis waiting too, but I didn't ask price.

DSCN2569.thumb.JPG.da3816ff65d4caf714e6c4ced3e81ba7.JPG

• Thanks 1

Here is a link to the X80 bus route details.  It looks like the daily ticket still shows as €4.10.  Although, I guess you could buy 2 single-use tickets for €2.40 if that was all you wanted to use the bus for.

https://www.oasa.gr/en/visit-athens/x80-piraeus-acropolis-syntagma-express-bus-line/

Oh, and the last time I was at the Athens port, there was a hoard of aggressive taxi drivers looking for customers.  I didn't need one so I didn't discuss pricing or destinations.  I walked to the Piraeus Metro Station, which is about 20 minutes walk away, so that's another option for the OP.

Edited by MeHeartCruising
  • Thanks 1