Visas

dazadelaide

Hi all,

I know most people on this site are American cruising mainly to the Caribbean and don't need visas but we are on a cruise from Athens to Sydney.

On our roll call site there is a major concern re visas.

Many people have enquired to Virgin and travel agents about who need visas and who has to organize them.

No one can get a straight answer from anyone.

Virgin are saying so many different things from no visas required, you need to organize them yourself, to Virgin will handle them to Virgin don't do any visa needs.

Has anyone had any visa experiences with Virgin?

Daz 

No, but I've had a lot of experience with getting different answers from VV depending on who you talk to.  My experience from other cruise lines has been that the cruiser is responsible for determining visa needs and obtaining them.  The only exception I've encountered to this was in Russia where there were visas that were part of guided excursions and a different type of visa to be there on your own (which was much more costly)....but they topped it off with a rule that you couldn't go off on your own,  

My suggestion would be that you go to the government web site of the locations you will be visiting and/or where your cruise will be terminating and see what they say.  You will likely find a chart listing various citizenships and what is required for each.

• Like 2