Victoria Shuttle Dropoff Point?

Sort-of; every time I can recall seeing a destination point, it's been in the Inner Harbour near the Fairmont Empress (pretty much next to the tourist info office); sometimes also Fishermans Wharf... but I haven't seen any reports from this season yet so there's always a chance of new location(s) and the website doesn't say where (but they do have contact info, so you could call to confirm)

However unless you're a solo traveler the shuttles are always poor value compared to cabs (US$13 this year - a cab to the Empress would only cost about CAD$10 on the meter, so even with generous tips 2+ people save cash) and of course cabs will drop you exactly where you want, when you want rather than waiting for bus timings and dozens of other pax all filtering through the same door.

Cabs constantly circle in and out of Ogden on cruise days, and if you arm yourself with a local number or app you can summon one to you wherever you are at the end of your time in Vic rather than having to walk back to the inner harbour for the return shuttle...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Thank you for posting this question, I wondered myself.

Does anyone recall seeing taxis at the port that can accommodate 6 people?

I might have to convince my in-laws to take a cab over the shuttle. Does the shuttle accept U.S. dollars as payment?

On 4/15/2024 at 11:45 AM, pfloyd2576 said:

Thank you for posting this question, I wondered myself.

Does anyone recall seeing taxis at the port that can accommodate 6 people?

I might have to convince my in-laws to take a cab over the shuttle. Does the shuttle accept U.S. dollars as payment?

If memory serves there are the same literal handful of six-seater vans in Vic as there are here in Van - for the same reason (taxi rules that mandate a minimum % of Accessible vehicles per fleet, much higher cost to run those vans, so virtually every van has had middle seats removed and wheelchair/scooter strapdown points installed to meet their legal requirements while every other car is a Prius).

This would be a situation where I'd be looking at Uberlyfts big vehicles to ensure you can fit 6 pax!

As to the shuttle - if you want to just burn money, sure, book it! Per person it's more expensive than a cab if they charged in CAD - but in fact they already price it in USD so it's even worse value at nearly double cab fare... only a solo who would otherwise take a cab both ways to and from the drop point saves money, 2+ people are already throwing money away and 6? As a Scotsman I'm virtually in tears here just thinking about all the beer you could buy instead if you like to p*ss money down the drain!!! 😉 

• Haha 1