Concierge GTY cabin booked with Move Up question

crewsgirl

On 4/12/2023 at 5:47 PM, crewsgirl said:

how likely it might be to upgrade to Aqua class

It all depends upon the current number of available AC staterooms, the number of current bids and the "quality" of the bid.

When I speak of quality it's a combination of the bid amount and the class of cabin you are coming from so that they can chain upgrade for more profit.

I always say bid what you feel the value is for the upgrade, if you get it you are happy and the cruise line is happy. If you don't get it, no harm no foul.

Edited by binro01
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, crewsgirl said:

So, how long does it usually take to get results from the move up bidding process? We are over here still pending.....and waiting. 

My cruise sails Friday and my MoveUp bid is still showing pending.  

2 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

My cruise sails Friday and my MoveUp bid is still showing pending.  

Ugh, do you mind sharing the details? We are on the Edge and bid up from a Concierge GTY to Aqua for 300 per person and no word yet. 

3 hours ago, crewsgirl said:

Ugh, do you mind sharing the details? We are on the Edge and bid up from a Concierge GTY to Aqua for 300 per person and no word yet. 

Not sure what details you want.

For our cruise, which appears to be 100% full, Celebrity send out the usual MoveUp offer emails.  We are in a Sky Suite and I submitted a MoveUp offer for an Aqua Sky Suite.  I did not bid, although they were available, on any of the higher suites. 

As of this morning when I checked my MoveUp statues it was still showing as Pending.

On 4/12/2023 at 4:47 PM, crewsgirl said:

First Time Celebrity cruisers here. We are booked in a Concierge GTY cabin, paid in full, and now I am curious about this "move up" bidding process. On my actual reservation, I have a cabin number already assigned, (I was shocked that it was already there) And I clicked on the link to upgrade, and just wondering how likely it might be to upgrade to Aqua class. Or maybe a different position Concierge. The cabin assigned is partially obstructed, which I knew was a good chance, but a great midship location. I do believe the bed is near the balcony, and I prefer the bed closer to the bathroom. Tell me how it works please. TIA

Any upgrade would be to a Aqua or Suites. You should do a mock booking of your cruise to see what cabins are actually available. For example, if there is little to no availability in AQ or the Retreat, your chances are slim for any upgrade without a fairly large bid. On the other hand, if you see 30 AQ cabins empty, you may be able to upgrade for close to the minimum bid. Most of the winning bids for the Retreat seem to be in the middle range from my own personal experience. Good luck and happy cruising.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, GeorgiaRetiredCruisers said:

I accidentally deleted the MoveUP email after making my bid, and the Celebrity website doesn't go any place when i try to see my offers. I can't even see if any of them are expired or still pending.  Aaack!

Go to https://www.google.com and in the search bar type Celebrity MoveUp 

• Like 1