Sure ain’t no dress code!

roupa

22 hours ago, Tatka said:

OK, drop this. I learn that in some village restaurants there tablecloth.

Do I need to post FAQ from RCI again?  

Oh, I know ... it is a suggestion, so people won't arrive to MDR for lunch in long pants accidentally.   🙂

You can post it all you want. It is not going to change things. Royal Caribbean has decided to not enforce a dress code no matter how badly some people want everyone to do things their way.

And they are not enforcing it just to placate some cruisers. Royal Caribbean has no problem enforcing rules when it matters even if a passenger gets miffed.  They have no problems telling people they are too heavy or too short to go down slides, ziplines, Ifly, and other things where safety is a concern. Your child not potty trained, no AO for you. No closed toe shoes, no climbing. They enforce where it matters. They just don't care what you wear in the dining rooms.

If Royal Caribbean was so worried about hurting people's feelings by telling them to go change, it would be safe to assume that their not wanting to hurt people's feelings would carry over to other places on the ship where they do enforce standards.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

On 4/15/2023 at 10:04 AM, lovesthebeach2 said:

My DH wears shorts year round here. 

Figure I will answer your post here then rather upset people on the WC thread.

You have me all wrong not trying to be negative at all about those going on the WC who booked it as a full cruise or the 4 segment cruisers.

I'm actually sticking up for those people thinking they should raise heck with Royal about why they are paying so much compared to the people that are booking 17 cruises separate. I mean really paying twice the amount is ALOT of $$$.

Why aren't they grouping together more and complaining? Why isn't their travel agents having a talk with Royal and asking for a more fair deal for them. Seems like they are just taking it on the chin and getting ripped off.

Get the media involved if you have too. Royal should be doing something to compensate those people who all booked early. There is No way people who booked early should be paying twice as much.

These are not even last minute prices, the freaking cruise is  still 8 months away. Royal do something for these people!!!

Why are they letting Royal screw them like that.

Rccl has decided to be extremely family oriented and not to have any dress code, while I am not in favor of either as long as they have great entertainment and nice perks we will continue to sail them along with celebrity and MSc yacht club.

3 hours ago, cured said:

Royal Caribbean has decided to not enforce a dress code no matter how badly some people want everyone to do things their way.

I respectfully disagree with that statement, Royal was most definitely enforcing a dress code on Anthem out of the UK last summer in the MDR. We saw more than a few people turned away. 

I don't believe Royal bends to 'how badly some people want everyone to do things their way" as you state above but more they slightly refine the rule (for want of a better word) to the local market expectation.

Us here in the UK are pretty formal in our dress and generally we are happier with a bit of formality, my experience of our many Florida cruises is there is no formality with dress whatsoever and any attempt to enforce any would be strongly resisted (as evidenced by threads like this 😀) .

Just my opinion but I think Royal deliberately keeps things a bit vague to try and keep everyone happy.

2 minutes ago, Tin can said:

I respectfully disagree with that statement, Royal was most definitely enforcing a dress code on Anthem out of the UK last summer in the MDR. We saw more than a few people turned away. 

I don't believe Royal bends to 'how badly some people want everyone to do things their way" as you state above but more they slightly refine the rule (for want of a better word) to the local market expectation.

Us here in the UK are pretty formal in our dress and generally we are happier with a bit of formality, my experience of our many Florida cruises is there is no formality with dress whatsoever and any attempt to enforce any would be strongly resisted (as evidenced by threads like this 😀) .

Just my opinion but I think Royal deliberately keeps things a bit vague to try and keep everyone happy.

While I can't and don't dispute anything you say about UK cruises because I have never cruised out of the UK before.  But, I have visited.  But to my point, I want to say, I don't think anybody has said that RCCL doesn't enforce any rules.  It is just that it is so convoluted when it comes to the dress code and other policies and if they are enforced or not. I personally have never seen anyone refused entry to any venue on a RCCL ship for "dress code violations".  That doesn't really mean much as I can't be at every entrance at every venue at all times.   But, I can tell you that I have seen what the "busybodies" call "dress code violations" in all venues (with tablecloths or without) at all times of the day or night on formal nights and not.  And I don't care.  My meal still sucks or is great no matter what someone else wears.  

• Like 3

On 4/13/2023 at 6:26 PM, BennyandBo said:

Well, these are American cruise ships in the Caribbean. It's casual.

I agree.  Even for us, we like to dress up for dinner "dates" but we will not be going to the 9's in the Caribbean.  It's just like you said "casual."  

• Thanks 1

On 4/16/2023 at 5:42 AM, Tatka said:

Are you sure everybody does whatever they really want on cruises or is this just a nice slogan?

We don’t expect everything people enjoy to be allowed during cruises. I’m sure you can think of many things like that too.

I have seen people come into the windjammer in their jammies.  So I am pretty sure that most people do whatever they want.  I'm just saying...

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, graciekelli said:

I have seen people come into the windjammer in their jammies.  So I am pretty sure that most people do whatever they want.  I'm just saying...

Some people I've seen are,,,,,,,,,,,,,well let's just say that I almost offered to get them a pole to dance on.

• Haha 3