Domestic flights on Regent

We will be cruising from LA to Miami in January 2024, Concierge so includes one night prior to cruise.  Wondering if anyone could share their experience with Regent domestic air arrangements.  Most of the discussions seem to involve longer flights, with more potential for issues.  We have no problem paying the $175 for deviation, but if they normally have good flight options, we wouldn't bother. (Our main concern is that a layover in the winter could be problematic, so we would prefer a direct flight)

Also, TA believes that if Regent books your flights and for some reason you miss the ship, they would cover the cost of getting you there.  Is this the case?

Thank you!!

"Also, TA believes that if Regent books your flights and for some reason you miss the ship, they would cover the cost of getting you there.  Is this the case? "

For Some Reason???  Not a chance. T&C associated with your cruise clearly state that Regent is not responsible for 3rd party vendors, and airlines are a 3rd party. You may want to look for a more informed TA.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, wcsdkqh said:

"Also, TA believes that if Regent books your flights and for some reason you miss the ship, they would cover the cost of getting you there.  Is this the case? "

For Some Reason???  Not a chance. T&C associated with your cruise clearly state that Regent is not responsible for 3rd party vendors, and airlines are a 3rd party. You may want to look for a more informed TA.

Actually, although Regent is not REQUIRED to help, history shows that they do indeed assist with you getting to the ship if you buy your air from them. 

• Like 2

I believe, AND in my experience, is that if you book through Regent - they will do their best to get you to the ship.  I had this experience recently on a South American cruise.  Flights were delayed to the point that I would not make it to the ship in time.  Regent was proactive and booked my on a different airline and all was good. There were severl circumstances involved in this but Regent checked on us all along the way.

• Like 1

Since you are Concierge, they will automatically schedule you to fly the day before and then provide a transfer to the hotel and then the next day to the ship. For flying from Michigan to LAX, even in winter, I would think flying in one day early would be enough.

Edited by 2012_Alaska_bound
  • Like 1

One thing you might consider... Domestic flight are economy.  You will have to pay for baggage.  If you look, it might not be much more to go First Class on your own, once you consider the Air Credit PLUS $35 for a bag (or more if you send 2) PLUS the $175 Deviation Fee per person.  We have done that and found that First Class was only about $100 more each once all the fees and credit was figured.  For me it was well worth the $100.  

• Like 5