Tips and tricks for Carnival Vista?

THL1313

Hi all,

we are going on Carnival Vista in Nov. and wondered if anyone had tips, tricks, recommendations for Vista?  First time sailing her class ship.  Have sailed Dream Class and Mardi Gras.

TIA! 

we sailed on the horizon and booked one of our first oceanview cabins, usually we roll balcony.  

the cabin we had featured two bathrooms.  it was on the same floor as the main lobby bar, so 3 i think? 

i found it to be an unusual feature buti have to admit it came in handy when getting ready for dinner at the same time.  

i suspect the Vista has the same layout... 

14 hours ago, Oceansaway17 said:

well make sure on sea days to get to the back of the buffet and find those nice 5 layer cakes.

And the gelato!!! Another wonderful area of the Vista that many people miss is the Havana Club (deck 5 aft) - so fun!  For lunch, try the Cucina Del Capitano - it's free during lunch and really good. Get in line early - it fills up fast, especially on sea days.  Be sure to try out the SkyRide (if it's working - last cruise it was broken).  Best to try on port days since lines aren't as long. Have fun - we love the Vista!

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, LHARTWICK said:

And the gelato!!! Another wonderful area of the Vista that many people miss is the Havana Club (deck 5 aft) - so fun!  For lunch, try the Cucina Del Capitano - it's free during lunch and really good. Get in line early - it fills up fast, especially on sea days.  Be sure to try out the SkyRide (if it's working - last cruise it was broken).  Best to try on port days since lines aren't as long. Have fun - we love the Vista!

Thanks!!  didn't know Vista had gelato.  Location?  

1 hour ago, LHARTWICK said:

I was in line for the skyride but as a solo they gave me a hard time and I had to go out without the other color alongside of me.  I just was not liking the attitude of the folks running it.  Might try again on Horizon this fall.  

19 hours ago, THL1313 said:

Hi all,

we are going on Carnival Vista in Nov. and wondered if anyone had tips, tricks, recommendations for Vista?  First time sailing her class ship.  Have sailed Dream Class and Mardi Gras.

TIA! 

When in Nov?  We'll be on in Nov as well.

We did the Horizon before, and I'm hoping the Vista's Havana Bar area is just as nice.

9 minutes ago, Rollin Tide said:

When in Nov?  We'll be on in Nov as well.

We did the Horizon before, and I'm hoping the Vista's Havana Bar area is just as nice.

Hi, cruising over Thanksgiving, 8 day.