Should I insure my FCCs and FCDs?

palolake

i would take a closer look at the FCC FCD and see what the words are.

Also perhaps call the cruise line,

This is a most interesting question.  I thought travel protection was for actual booked cruises but perhaps not.

Let us know the answer.

There should be no need to "insure" those items...in fact, I wouldn't have any idea how you could go about it.  Unless very unusual circumstances...if you were to cancel (possible time restriction apply) theb you *should* get FCC and FCD back.  Many have posted that it could take some time for either or both but it's *supposed* to happen.

• Like 2

FCD from a cancelled cruise should be returned to your account (unless it has since expired). If it has expired the money will be refunded to the original source of payment.

FCC is different and the time limit(s) for booking and use should be spelled out in your notification or in your account on the Princess site where FCD and FCC are shown. If still within the limits it will be returned to your account. If it is past the stated limits it will be lost.

Edited by Thrak
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, palolake said:

I’m getting ready to purchase some trip insurance and I’m wondering if I have to figure in the cost of our FCCs and FCDs?  Do you lose those if you cancel your trip?

Depends on when you are cancelling, I assume you are wondering if cancelled after final payment date, so cancellation fees would be in effect, read terms and conditions for your particular insurance policy. You normally purchase insurance for the cost of your cruise, no matter if it was paid by FCD’s and FCC.

• Like 2

We just cancelled our first ever booked cruise with just over a month to go and we had Princess Vacation Protection. We had booked with FCDs which did not go back into our account with the rest of our FCDs. The $100 each from the FCDs factored into our partial refund and partial Future Cruise Credit we received. Another reason to always have several FCDs on hand.