Viking excursions West Indies

gailellen12

From https://www.vikingcruises.com/oceans/frequently-asked-questions.html

Your My Viking Journey account gives you all the tools necessary to tailor and personalize your complete cruise experience. You have full access to browse all shore excursions from the moment you open your account. Booking opens for each guest based on stateroom category—as subsequently listed. We will alert you when it is your time to book.

• Owner’s Suite—107 days from sail date
  • Explorer Suites—97 days from sail date
  • Penthouse Junior Suites—87 days from sail date
  • Penthouse Veranda Staterooms—77 days from sail date
  • Deluxe Veranda Staterooms—67 days from sail date
  • Veranda Staterooms—60 days from sail date
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, LindaS272 said:

FAQ says: "You have full access to browse all shore excursions from the moment you open your account."

Oh, dear! That may be what they wrote in the FAQ but that isn't how it really works. Operations tend not to load the shore excursions into MVJ until about 120 days prior to sailing.

The booking schedule is correct

The date that shorex booking opens for you is listed on your Viking invoice, probably towards the end of the document.

Yes, interesting that the bureaucrats have not caught up with their practices. 😉But if they wait long enough, it will be in compliance again!

On a related note, I’m having trouble adding a booking number into MVJ for a cruise in March 2025. I get an error message that says “we have not yet added this itinerary into MVJ.” It’s giving the Chat people fits because they can’t figure out what’s wrong. Anyone else had this problem before?

1 hour ago, gailellen12 said:

Concerned we will get shut out of excursions.  we only have a lowly v2 cabin. 🤔. Hope the ship is nice!

Don't be. While you may find some excursions booked when your turn comes up, a quick search on this board will connect you with several threads that provide advice as to how to deal with the issue - booking best practices, monitoring MVJ, requesting additional spaces through Viking, wait listing on board and hanging out on the dock in case of last minute cancellations.

Once on board, there are no "lowly" cabins - all are equal. And is worst comes to worst, the ships are spectacular - sometimes a "sea day" in port is the best way to go - nothing like your own private multi-million dollar yacht! 🍺🥌

• Like 3

3 hours ago, LindaS272 said:

But if they wait long enough, it will be in compliance again!

I don't think it has ever worked the way described in the FAQ.  The being able to see the shorex in MVJ as soon as you sign up part that is.  

Edited by Peregrina651
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, LindaS272 said:

Yes, interesting that the bureaucrats have not caught up with their practices. 😉But if they wait long enough, it will be in compliance again!

On a related note, I’m having trouble adding a booking number into MVJ for a cruise in March 2025. I get an error message that says “we have not yet added this itinerary into MVJ.” It’s giving the Chat people fits because they can’t figure out what’s wrong. Anyone else had this problem before?

Yes. It’s all sorted on MVJ now.

20 hours ago, gailellen12 said:

Concerned we will get shut out of excursions.  we only have a lowly v2 cabin. 🤔. Hope the ship is nice!

We always travel in the economical but very nice V2 cabins, and we have our fifth ocean and second river scheduled this year. We try to be flexible in our planning, and have had very few disappointments in our excursions over these years. We usually do a mix of included and optional excursions, and once we did a three day private tour in Saint Petersburg. If there is something that is an absolute must see for you, you might want to book a private tour for that, but then keep an open mind about your other excursions. Usually I can find at least two of interest and if one is sold out, then I pick the other. 

Often we will extend our time in a port after an excursion and return on the free Viking shuttle. Try not to fret about this process. In my experience, there is much to enjoy in most places we have been. Second choices can be terrific too!

• Like 3