Florence Hotel Recommendation

PhotoFlo

Can anyone recommend a hotel in Florence within walking distance to Ponte Vecchio and Duomo?  Somewhere between the two looks good, but since we have never been there maybe someone familiar may have a better recommendation.  We are looking for something for $300 max and in a safe area.  When looking at Google Maps, I have found a few but only have the reviews on line to compare.  Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated!  TIA

The historical section of Florence is really quite small, about a 10 minute walk between the Ponte Vecchio and Duomo.  How are you arriving to Florence ?  Perhaps that should be the focus for your hotel location. I'm arriving by train. I remember stepping out of the station and being at the Duomo in 5 minutes.  So I chose a hotel within a few blocks of SMN station; easy access to sights and for getting to our room with luggage.  Do a search on the Florence forum of tripadvisor; the request for hotel recommendations comes up frequently.  Or if you have narrowed your search to 3 or hotels, ask for specific advice on those choices.

Last summer, I stayed at The Market Urban Hotel.  It is in a great location; a few minutes' walk from/to the train station, a few minutes walk to San Lorenzo Market & Mercato Centrale and on to the Duomo.  I had no issues walking around as a solo into the night.  The Front Desk staff was very nice and responsive - they booked some dinners for me in advance of my stay.  There is a nice coffee place next door - got my cappucino e cornetto there in the AM.  It is a good price point.

• 2 weeks later...

We are booked for Hotel Davanzati in early June.

Good location to Florence sights, small, family run.  Free breakfast and evening reception. Great reviews!  

* only drawback is it’s only for those able to ascend 26 stairs from street to reception. .  There is elevator to upper floors from there. 

PS:  I’ll come back and add to this thread after our stay.

Edited by ocean sounds
Add