FCC

MNLIvin

3 minutes ago, voljeep said:

Is this 'FCC' something you earned for a cancelled cruise - or something you 'purchased'?

I think the OP is referring to the Future cruise program in Princess which are called Future Cruise Deposits. Future cruise credits are usually earned from cancelled cruises or customer relations issues, etc. 

@MNLIvin, Princess future cruise program is basically you put down a refundable $100 USD/deposit per person, as I assume you are US based. It is now only good for 12 months , used to be 2 years. If not used, it will be refunded to original Credit card and if that credit card not valid any more a check will be issued. You will receive OBC depending on the length and cabin type(interior, Oceanview, balcony, etc) booked. Ranges from $15-300/per person.

Google is your friend.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

We always purchase FCD on board when we have used our last on file. (You can *only* purchase them while on board a cruise.)

I purchase every cruise - even if I have some on file - so that I have fresher dates.  I then call in to Princess after the cruise and cancel any excess I don't want/need.  

• Like 3

On 4/14/2023 at 2:20 PM, wallyj said:

I think the OP is referring to the Future cruise program in Princess which are called Future Cruise Deposits. Future cruise credits are usually earned from cancelled cruises or customer relations issues, etc. 

@MNLIvin, Princess future cruise program is basically you put down a refundable $100 USD/deposit per person, as I assume you are US based. It is now only good for 12 months , used to be 2 years. If not used, it will be refunded to original Credit card and if that credit card not valid any more a check will be issued. You will receive OBC depending on the length and cabin type(interior, Oceanview, balcony, etc) booked. Ranges from $15-300/per person.

Google is your friend.

I recall it dropping from 4 years to 2 years before you get refunded if not used. But I have t heard they are now good for just one year?

Correction to OBC amount received. It ranges from $15 to $150 per person, not $300. $300 maximum from two people in cabin.

21 minutes ago, AE_Collector said:

I recall it dropping from 4 years to 2 years before you get refunded if not used. But I have t heard they are now good for just one year?

Correction to OBC amount received. It ranges from $15 to $150 per person, not $300. $300 maximum from two people in cabin.

Yes, maximum $300 per cabin, I was confusing the OBC with a recent promo where up to $600 OBC was being offered.

I believe the change to only 1 year for FCD’s became effective April 5,  2023. Any FCD’s purchased on or after April, 5, 2023 will expire in 1 year. FCD’s purchased before this date will keep the 2 year expiration date. There is a previous thread regarding this.

That is getting a but ridiculous as we always kept between 4-6 FCDs EACH just to be sure we would never run out. As someone said (maybe it was you), they buy several per cruise and then cash any excess out or you could just let the oldest ones expire. Just what they need though, more make work projects for people buying more, refunding old or surplus etc! Shouldn’t matter how many you have, make them reset for one year after each cruise you complete. Then allow you to renew them just one time if you happen to go through a period of one year without cruising. We took just over a year off when both daughters had their first born about two months apart.

• Like 1