Leaving in 2 weeks. I have pneumonia.

spleenstomper

@spleenstomper  I’m sure you are likely aware, but it may bear repeating since you mentioned using edibles for pain management. It is illegal to cross the border with your legal edibles. They should be readily available for purchase in Canada if you need them, you just can’t take them across the border, either way. 

Hope you continue to improve and have a wonderful, much-needed holiday!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, waiting2retire said:

@spleenstomper  I’m sure you are likely aware, but it may bear repeating since you mentioned using edibles for pain management. It is illegal to cross the border with your legal edibles. They should be readily available for purchase in Canada if you need them, you just can’t take them across the border, either way. 

Hope you continue to improve and have a wonderful, much-needed holiday!

Thank you, yes I’m aware. The problem is in Quebec province, they are very strict about edibles apparently. They don’t want kids interested, so apparently I have the choice of infused figs or cauliflower. Lol. 

I’m definitely not brining anything over the border. Do not wish to spend my vacation in Canada jail lol 

I also know not to bring anything on the ship. I am still having stomach pains when I eat, but I hope that will be gone by the tIme we fly. 

Thanks for the warning! 

6 hours ago, spleenstomper said:

We can pull it up to the limits of the insurance policy (I have seen cancel for any reason on some policies needs to happen 3 days before the cruise, so I do need to double check at what point I need to cancel if we do). 

Great to hear that you're recovering well! Hopefully this will end up as a memory of just how well you handled everything. One note: If you had to cancel, it wouldn't be "for any reason." You have a reason!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, YourWorldWithBill said:

Great to hear that you're recovering well! Hopefully this will end up as a memory of just how well you handled everything. One note: If you had to cancel, it wouldn't be "for any reason." You have a reason!

Thanks, yes, I would assume for an illness or injury, you can cancel up to getting on the ship? I’ll look at it again tomorrow If I’m still concerned about it.

meanwhile, I did find a few beach houses in Pensacola Beach that are available, some with docks (we could trailer our boat from Nola). But as of now, Montréal is on deck 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, spleenstomper said:

Thank you, yes I’m aware. The problem is in Quebec province, they are very strict about edibles apparently. They don’t want kids interested, so apparently I have the choice of infused figs or cauliflower. Lol. 

I’m definitely not brining anything over the border. Do not wish to spend my vacation in Canada jail lol 

I also know not to bring anything on the ship. I am still having stomach pains when I eat, but I hope that will be gone by the tIme we fly. 

Thanks for the warning! 

I take the CBD edibles at night to help me sleep.  For obvious reasons, I was not going to take them on my overseas flight, but now you have me thinking about seeing if they have them in Amsterdam.  Are they not allowed on the ship?

So glad that you are going to try for the cruise!  😍  

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Iamthesea said:

I take the CBD edibles at night to help me sleep.  For obvious reasons, I was not going to take them on my overseas flight, but now you have me thinking about seeing if they have them in Amsterdam.  Are they not allowed on the ship?

I truly don’t know what their policy is for CBD gummies. I know many do contain a very small portion of THC. I accidentally brought an old vape pen on my last cruise… I didn’t know it was in my wallet crease. So it went onboard with me in my purse. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I'm glad to hear that you're going on your cruise.  Just hanging out on the balcony (if you need to) isn't all that bad.  I was isolated for 5 days with COVID on our last cruise and spent a lot of time on the balcony.  It was disappointing to not go ashore (this was in French Polynesia), but relaxing and eating the room service was good.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Iamthesea said:

For obvious reasons, I was not going to take them on my overseas flight, but now you have me thinking about seeing if they have them in Amsterdam. 

I don't think there is much you can't find in Amsterdam just ask Harold and Kumar.😉

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, Iamthesea said:

Amsterdam is the center of Marijuana and CBD shops.  They have more CBD shops than Seattle has Starbucks.   Now as to the ship you may need to check directly with HAL.  

Edited by Mary229
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Cannabis edibles in Canada (along with other forms of delivery) are legal for purchase over the age of 21.  Generally, one can just walk into a storefront and purchase.  Quebec may have some particular idiosyncracies, but certainly Nova Scotia would be fine.  Just ensure you have no product with you when re-entering the US, as this will be illegal in the US.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Iamthesea said:

I've seen it all in Amsterdam!!! 😁   

Found this year old article. https://porthole.com/is-cbd-allowed-on-a-cruise-ship/

I guess I will stick to Magnesium supplements for sleep help.  I really hope that I will not have trouble sleeping because we will be, for the most part, very busy each day.

I found this supplement on Amazon (not prime shipping but only took a few days) and I highly recommend it. YMMV. It has the magnesium and melatonin 

43692B50-15B4-4BEF-9946-EABEC488121E.jpeg

2 hours ago, spleenstomper said:

I truly don’t know what their policy is for CBD gummies. I know many do contain a very small portion of THC. I accidentally brought an old vape pen on my last cruise… I didn’t know it was in my wallet crease. So it went onboard with me in my purse. 

I have traveled with my Charlotte’s Web CBD gummies (no THC mentioned on the label) out of the country to Canada, and on cruise ships, with no issues. Sometimes I have them in the original container and sometimes just in a ziploc baggie. So far it’s never been questioned. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Navybikermom said:

I have traveled with my Charlotte’s Web CBD gummies (no THC mentioned on the label) out of the country to Canada, and on cruise ships, with no issues. Sometimes I have them in the original container and sometimes just in a ziploc baggie. So far it’s never been questioned. 

That ‘s good to know because CBD does help me sleep

• Like 1

Many of the CBD products sold in California are in fact laced with Valerian - read the product label - which is a long known herbal sleeping aid.  Might want to try Valerian instead - but be sure to read its side effect warnings. '

Me, I just drink chamomile tea at dinner - the European one size fits all sleep fixer 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, spleenstomper said:

I found this supplement on Amazon (not prime shipping but only took a few days) and I highly recommend it. YMMV. It has the magnesium and melatonin 

I cannot take Melatonin because it causes my heart to slow down, and remain slow and erratic the following day.  I have A-Fib and MVP.  CBD pain creams do the same if I use too much.  Weird!  However, the CBD gummies do not.  And I have absolutely no trouble falling asleep.  It's going back to sleep after waking, or having to get up, in the middle of the night. 😴

How are you feeling today?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Interesting, I had to take valerian in Ireland since they don’t sell melatonin and I didn’t feel like it did anything. I also have arrhythmias and went into a fib once and no one said anything about Melatonin. I will ask my EP next month about it; thanks for the tip.

I feel a lot better today but as with every morning so far, I spend about 45 minutes clearing debris from my lung. But it’s super productive and getting more and more up, so that makes me feel good to see it clearing out.

I have two rescheduled appointments today, so I’ll be interested to see how I do stamina wise. We fly out Thursday, but going to the Nola house tomorrow hopefully arriving around 6 pm or so. I have a LOT of packing to do. 

• Like 3

I am probably an oddity.  Any amount of alcohol also does the same to me, plus I get extremely woozy.

Are you sleeping in a semi upright position?  That helps me when I have chest congestion.  Of course, being in a physician family, I'm sure you know that trick. 😃

• Like 1

Thanks, I’m tired today and am struggling to pack. We did buy laundry service so I don’t have to worry too much about packing. I don’t know about you, but a few weeks before, I like to start pulling things out and setting aside… I haven’t been doing that. The house is a mess since I’ve been sick and DH over scheduled himself at work in the run up to the vacation. I have very bad ADD lol and I haven’t been taking my adderall since I’ve been sick.

I’m feeling very overwhelmed right now. 

I’ll be fine, first world problems and all of that….I’m eating this elephant one bite at a time. 

• Like 1

spleenstomper - That's great that you will have laundry service. You're right - you

don't have to worry so much about packing since the ship will do your laundry.

I don't pull out clothes weeks in advance, but I have many lists of what I want

to pack. Good luck with everything!!  😊

• Like 1

Ok. I’m packed and went and had a manicure and pedicure. Just waiting for DH to get home so we can go to Nola. 

Just please say a little prayer or send positive thoughts that we can get to ATL tomorrow. I gave buffer time in case we were delayed or missed a connection, and it does look like we will be flying out during predicted heavy thunderstorms. I want to be safe, so as long as we can get to ATL, we can probably get to Montréal without a lot of issues (whether the same day or next morning)…

• Like 6