Dancing in the Ocean Bar

DesertDiva

Some have commented that the "place to be" for dancing is the Ocean Bar. However, could someone give me a "time frame?"

At home, my favorite activity is ballroom dancing. However, I also do a little salsa and two-stepping since I live in southern New Mexico! ;)

While I like the leisure of evening dining, it does take a big chunk out of the evening. I'm thinking that I might forgo the dining room every evening for the Lido some evenings so I can participate in more of the activities.

I'm traveling on my own, but hope I'll be able to "dance a little." If I thought I'd be able to dance, I'd pack my Freed's.

On the Rotterdam last October there was a group that danced everynight between about 700 and 830 pm just before last sitting. We didn't go back after dinner because we usually listened to the classical music in the Explorers lounge.

There was also dancing in the Crow's Nest later at night.

j

Now THAT'S the group I need to find! Thanks, Jan!

On the Rotterdam last October there was a group that danced everynight between about 700 and 830 pm just before last sitting. We didn't go back after dinner because we usually listened to the classical music in the Explorers lounge.

There was also dancing in the Crow's Nest later at night.

Last Oct. on the Zuiderdam, there was dancing in the Ocean Bar starting around "happy hour" time before dinner (I would say from 5:30pm til 7:00pm) and then again after the last seating in the dining room. The Zuiderdam had a great man and wife duo playing salsa music.

There's dancing in various lounges for each cocktail set; the Ocean Bar plays both. Then the Ocean Bar has dancing again from (I think) 9:00-midnight. The Crow's Nest also has after-dinner dancing, but might end sooner (? not sure). That's where the disco is.

I just checked my Daily Programs from our Zuiderdam Cruise and there was music and dancing each evening as follows:

Ocean Bar and Crow's Nest

5:00pm - 6:15pm

7:15pm - 8:30pm

9:30pm - 12:30pm

Explorer's Lounge (Classical)

9:00pm - 12:00mm

Piano Bar:

9:00pm - Close

Northern Lights Nightclub:(Disco with DJ)

9:15pm - Close

I hope this helps everyone.

Richard

Fang and I have always gone to the Crow's Nest for a before dinner cocktail. We usually pass a crowded Ocean Bar to find a lot less people in the Crow's Nest, a live group playing dance music of various kinds and a relaxing atmosphere. As far as I know they play before all sittings, it is usually in the daily program, and are very receptive to requests. Usually a different sound than the Ocean Bar but very danceable. After the shows the Crow's Nest uses a DJ for late night music. We recommend you check it out.

Thank you, I will!:)

Fang and I have always gone to the Crow's Nest for a before dinner cocktail. Usually a different sound than the Ocean Bar but very danceable. After the shows the Crow's Nest uses a DJ for late night music. We recommend you check it out.

Archived