Moving cruise date

momphoto

If you have to move your cruise to a different sail date, in the same month and are still in deposit, but the regular fare( no refund) can this be done without losing the deposit?  Just want to move everything to a later date.

3 minutes ago, momphoto said:

If you have to move your cruise to a different sail date, in the same month and are still in deposit, but the regular fare( no refund) can this be done without losing the deposit?  Just want to move everything to a later date.

I wanted to move my cruise to a similar itinerary three weeks away and I have to forfeit the $100 per person penalty and take the remaining $700 as a future cruise credit.  I actually found a better rate for the cruise three weeks later, so it worked out, but I believe the $200 is shot.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, didicruiser said:

I moved a booking to a later date on the same ship. Lost $100 per person.

I lucked out, as it turns out.  I booked three weeks later and saved $600 more than my original deal, same cabin.  So, giving up the $200 made it a net of $400.  However, Celebrity is now ending the $200 penalty and will be taking the entire deposit. Have a feeling that my Japan cruise with Celebrity will be my last with them.  I’ll continue with Azamara and maybe look at Oceania.