Price Reduction for SXM 2024 Cruises

DWhit

I just recently noticed that their has been a price reduction on several cruises leaving from St. Martin for the 2024 Caribbean Season.  Back last September, we  looked at one leaving in February from St Thomas on a Saturday, and one from St Martin leaving on a Sunday.  At the time we were looking, the prices were the same.  The itineraries were pretty much the same, but with very slight differences.  We love both St. Martin and St Thomas.  We ended up booking the one from St. Thomas based on a slight preference for its itinerary.  Now I see the St. Martin voyage has been reduced in price by a reasonably significant amount.  

We are wondering if we should switch, being that we did not have that strong a preference to begin with.  I called SeaDream, and they said it seemed to be just something marketing was offering at present.  They said the St. Martin voyage was actually more booked than the St Thomas one at this point.  I asked whether there any signs of large groups booked on either voyage and was told there was not.

So I am wondering if this type of thing is normal for SeaDream, or if anyone has any advice about this type of thing with SeaDream.  I worry about changing and then wishing I hadn't based on something I had not thought about.

Thanks

In over 20 years I don't think we've ever seen a price cut.  If it is the mid-February that you are talking about, that is an $800 savings per person for the Deck 2 stateroom.  Subtracting the cancellation fee they will charge for the St. Thomas, that is a huge deal.  I'd grab it before they change their mind.  I have no idea why they would be doing this.  As long as it isn't a soft charter, you should be okay.

All other things being equal, my personal preference would be to go for the St. Martin primarily because we have not been happy with any of the hotels at St. Thomas, Ritz-Carlton included.

1 hour ago, TrapperZimmy said:

In over 20 years I don't think we've ever seen a price cut.  If it is the mid-February that you are talking about, that is an $800 savings per person for the Deck 2 stateroom.  Subtracting the cancellation fee they will charge for the St. Thomas, that is a huge deal.  I'd grab it before they change their mind.  I have no idea why they would be doing this.  As long as it isn't a soft charter, you should be okay.

All other things being equal, my personal preference would be to go for the St. Martin primarily because we have not been happy with any of the hotels at St. Thomas, Ritz-Carlton included.

It's the last week in February, same $800 per person savings.  We would end up with a stop at Saba instead of Anguilla.  We have never been to Anguilla, but have very recently herd good things about it.  

After several unsuccessful attempts, we finally got to Anguilla this past January.  We took the ship's excursion to a beach and it really was beautiful (at least until the downpour).  Sand all the way into the water.  The excursion included beach chairs with umbrellas.  I'd recommend it.  We also went to Saba, where we had been once before.  Once was enough for us, although the van ride to The Bottom could be a thrill ride at any amusement part.

We decided to stay with our original plans.  We went to SXM the last two years, plus we had a promotion from SeaDream on our STT trip that we would lose.  Also we get in late Saturday night versus late Sunday if we change.

Saba is one of my favorite SD stops.  Very quirky and different from any other Caribbean stop.That being said, it has no beaches and often SD cannot get in there (sea problems?).  Anguilla,in my opinion, has the most beautiful beaches, best sunsets, fanciest hotels and superb restaurants/bars. Missing Anguilla would be a mistake (My #1).