Weather on day 2, on Oasis from New Jersey to the Caribbean in early May

We are leaving NJ on the Oasis on May 7, less than 3 weeks from now. I’m starting to think about packing. I’m not sure where the ship will be on Day 2, but I’m assuming along the Carolinas? It will be a sea day so I’m wondering if it will be pool weather. Of course the weather is hard to predict so far in advance but maybe people who have done this trip before might have some insight? Thanks!

22 minutes ago, dleahy4444 said:

We are leaving NJ on the Oasis on May 7, less than 3 weeks from now. I’m starting to think about packing. I’m not sure where the ship will be on Day 2, but I’m assuming along the Carolinas? It will be a sea day so I’m wondering if it will be pool weather. Of course the weather is hard to predict so far in advance but maybe people who have done this trip before might have some insight? Thanks!

A bathing suit takes up 0 space.   Just bring one and you’ll be good.  Lol. 

We just sailed out of NYC on the Norwegian Getaway from March 26 – April 5 and the weather on day 2 was a bit chilly but as the day progressed, it got progressively warmer. Returning to NYC it was very warm on the last sea day. We were on the upper deck of the ship in our bathing suits until 5pm and the weather was great. It was a bit cooler in the shade.

• Thanks 1

We have done this itinerary several times, various times of the year.

Day 2 in early May will start out a little chilly in the morning but we have been at the pool many times by afternoon.

We just had high 80s and 90 degree weather in Pa and NJ last week so you never know.   

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Cruise5life said:

A bathing suit takes up 0 space.   Just bring one and you’ll be good.  Lol. 

I’ll definitely be bringing bathing suits, it’s a seven day cruise mostly in the Carribean. I was wondering more about day and evening wear, shorts versus jeans. I guess I didn’t frame the question properly