Pre-Booking Dining

reece.twiggwhite

Morning All,

Just a little rant.....

Booked on Ventura leaving a week on Saturday. Been checking daily over the last couple of weeks as we want to book Epicurean and Sindhu so it is one less thing to worry about once on the ship.

Last week a notification came up on the dining page to say dining bookings would be going live for our cruise on 15th. Checked numerous times since then and whilst the page has been updated, you can't physically book for anything. Still states as "Coming Soon"

So I sent a message to the p&o team on twitter to ask if they could find out what was happening and/or when it would actually be going live. Their response summed up was "Sorry you can't seem to book online, you will be able to book once on board the ship"

Really........

Edited by reece.twiggwhite

I would like to share your rant 😀

We are also on the same cruise and have had the same issue with booking Speciality Dining.  The Cruise Personaliser also stated Entertainment would be bookable online from 15th April but again it does not work. 

I seem to recall similar issues on our last P&O cruise in September (Entertainment page did eventually allow booking online but a number days after the date that they had stated). 

Not very good impression from the Cruise Personaliser especially as P&O constantly email you to remind you to go there and book up all your extras and then advertise specific dates that you will be able to do it only for nothing to work.  Great first impressions before you set off.

And the response you got back says it all really 🙂  

Anyway I hope you enjoy the cruise.  11 days and counting!

Edited by itinerant_life

We were on Ventura from the beginning of March and had the same frustrations re booking The Epicurian. However, we were successful and were able to book 10 days before departure.  I think patience is required and suggest you check the website each day before you go.  As for entertainment there was no booking required for any show, it was as per the "old days",  you just turned up and chose your seat.

36 minutes ago, Palaceman said:

We were on Ventura from the beginning of March and had the same frustrations re booking The Epicurian. However, we were successful and were able to book 10 days before departure.  I think patience is required and suggest you check the website each day before you go.  As for entertainment there was no booking required for any show, it was as per the "old days",  you just turned up and chose your seat.

Good to know about the theatre, because I was just in My PO Cruises and it said you have to book.  Had a look at the sample Beach Hut menu.  Won't be going there!  Awful menu for me.  Might try Sindhu, but is there a cover charge, because there appears to be a separate price for each dish?

3 minutes ago, david63 said:

No cover charge in Sindhu since the restart. All dishes are priced individually less any Peninsular discount that you are entitled to.

David there is on the big boats if you book before you go but that comes off any food you order.I think it was £20. Not sure about the rest of the fleet.

15 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Good to know about the theatre, because I was just in My PO Cruises and it said you have to book.  Had a look at the sample Beach Hut menu.  Won't be going there!  Awful menu for me.  Might try Sindhu, but is there a cover charge, because there appears to be a separate price for each dish?

We have ate four times over the years in Beach House, out of those times we have one really good meal, One Average, one awful and one atrocious. We have said that we won't be giving it another chance now. I even said to my husband, if i get a few gins inside me on the ship and suggest us going there, lock me in the cabin! 

• Haha 1