Miraviglia excursions

EllieinNJ

I am so underwhelmed with their excursions.  We will be first time cruisers on MSC in October.  We will be sailing 11 nights and especially disallusioned with Port Canaveral.  We do not arrive until 1pm so how do they offer an excursion to the Kennedy Space Center that closes at 5pm?  This does not seem like enough time.  Also they are not offering any airboat excursions.  I checked most of the private ones and they are mostly an hour away in Kissammee.  I did find one that is 1/2 hour away in Christmas, Fla.  How much would an Uber ride be?

In Cozumel and Costa Maya they are offering mostly beach or ruins excursions.  We did the ruins once on a previous trip so would like to do something else.  And we are doing the beach at Ocean Cay.  Is there anything private to do that doesn't include getting on a bus for 1-1/2 to 2 hours each way?

I know everyone complains about Nassau and many stay on the ship.  The only other time we were there we took an island bus tour which was a waste. 

We did the Kennedy space center excursion, but it was on NCL, also didn’t get there until 1, I reasoned it as something we haven’t done yet and when would we go back to do it? It is an amazing experience to see some of these exhibits, but not enough time to see it all. In all the times we’ve gone to Florida, and I’ve been many times but most were to Disney, we never made it over to the space center. So for us we bit the bullet and overpaid to do the excursion. In the end we had fun and saw something new, and it was a drizzly day so not much of a sit by the pool day. As far as Nassau goes, I am disillusioned as well. My next cruise only stops at Ocean Cay so if in the future we have a stop in Nassau I will be doing some research into private excursions there, maybe parasailing? Jet skis? Again, something different that we haven’t done before. Good luck with your planning, and since you are a first time cruiser use the time to enjoy the ship, you will find that staying behind while the bulk of the people get off you will have your pick of seats!

22 minutes ago, EllieinNJ said:

I am so underwhelmed with their excursions.  We will be first time cruisers on MSC in October.  We will be sailing 11 nights and especially disallusioned with Port Canaveral.  We do not arrive until 1pm so how do they offer an excursion to the Kennedy Space Center that closes at 5pm?  This does not seem like enough time.  Also they are not offering any airboat excursions.  I checked most of the private ones and they are mostly an hour away in Kissammee.  I did find one that is 1/2 hour away in Christmas, Fla.  How much would an Uber ride be?

In Cozumel and Costa Maya they are offering mostly beach or ruins excursions.  We did the ruins once on a previous trip so would like to do something else.  And we are doing the beach at Ocean Cay.  Is there anything private to do that doesn't include getting on a bus for 1-1/2 to 2 hours each way?

I know everyone complains about Nassau and many stay on the ship.  The only other time we were there we took an island bus tour which was a waste. 

I am a local. The space center is right next door and you don't need allot of time to see it so it's definitely doable in Two to three hours.

There are airboat tours much closer.  Google camp holly airboat ridesand book with them. About 40 minutes away and much better than Orlando area.

In costa Maya, we always go to Mahahuel . It's the town right next door. Affordable ocean front food, water rentals, $20 massage's.  $4 a person and it's 10 minutes away.

Cozumel, we go to chakanaab and get the all-inclusive package. Good, drinks, snorkel gear and a locker

• Thanks 1

On 4/18/2023 at 11:29 AM, mscdivina2016 said:

I am a local. The space center is right next door and you don't need allot of time to see it so it's definitely doable in Two to three hours.

Considering going to the space center independently on our upcoming cruise in June. Do you have to buy tickets ahead of time, and approximately how long do you think it would take to get there from the Port?

12 hours ago, mackfam said:

Considering going to the space center independently on our upcoming cruise in June. Do you have to buy tickets ahead of time, and approximately how long do you think it would take to get there from the Port?

No you do not.

To get to the actual visitor center.....about 20 minutes.

There is more than 1 location included in your ticket.

There are 3 attractions that you can see.

The main one is  the visitor center.

Just let me caution you.  Check the web for rocket launches on the day you are thinking of going the night before.

If a launch is happening 3 hours prior or after  your anticipated time. Don't go!

• Like 1