Just a thought ... if you're cruising soon on the Symphony

I did the March transatlantic on the Symphony and was hoping to utilize the library. It's a good thing I took some books with me (to leave behind after reading) because the shelves were nearly bare. They have ample shelving in the card room for books, so if you're cruising soon on the ship and you have some books around that you'd be willing to part with, it would be awfully thoughtful if you slip them into your luggage so you can drop them off.

• Like 1

Just curious if they still have a couple of computer workstations in the library for public use?  They did the last time I was on Symphony in 2020 and it was much easier to use those for flight check in on the last day rather than pay for over-priced Voom internet.

8 hours ago, TheHawk1 said:

They did the last time I was on Symphony in 2020 and it was much easier to use those for flight check in on the last day rather than pay for over-priced Voom internet.

While the PCs are there, the use of internet on them is not free - you still need a Voom package.

Actually, for a simple airline check in (and assuming you are doing it in an airline app on a phone) try the app trick - connect to ship Wifi and on the initial Voom page you should see the link to the App (iOS) or Play (Android) store to install/update the RCI app - if you click on that link you should get about 15 min of free internet.

On 4/19/2023 at 5:59 AM, Biker19 said:

While the PCs are there, the use of internet on them is not free - you still need a Voom package.

Actually, for a simple airline check in (and assuming you are doing it in an airline app on a phone) try the app trick - connect to ship Wifi and on the initial Voom page you should see the link to the App (iOS) or Play (Android) store to install/update the RCI app - if you click on that link you should get about 15 min of free internet.

And you can do this trick like 3-5 times per device before you're banned. Perfect for just quickly checking if there is an urgent email or something

On 4/19/2023 at 3:59 AM, Biker19 said:

This works 2 times per MAC address. Not that I experimented with the concept at all on my last cruise.

3 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

This works 2 times per MAC address. Not that I experimented with the concept at all on my last cruise.

And if your device happens to change MAC addresses on subsequent connections, you can use it a few more times during a sailing.