Does anyone know if A620 will be noisy I'm concerned as below Horizon.

Judith Holt

Hi 

I suffer from Chronic migraines so often don't get to sleep until 3 or 4 in morning. I've just been allocated A620 which is below Horizon so it's worrying me re noise levels in morning. I still have opportunity to upgrade to deluxe balcony but can't work out if these are in quieter areas. Any advice much appreciated

Thanks 

Judith 

You don't say which ship you are talking about but in general being under the Horizon will incur some noise - but it varies by ship.

There is likely to be some noise early morning when they start setting up for breakfast and obviously at peak times with passengers using the Horizon.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Judith Holt said:

Hi 

I suffer from Chronic migraines so often don't get to sleep until 3 or 4 in morning. I've just been allocated A620 which is below Horizon so it's worrying me re noise levels in morning. I still have opportunity to upgrade to deluxe balcony but can't work out if these are in quieter areas. Any advice much appreciated

Thanks 

Judith 

If it's on Britannia the Deck 15 deluxe balconies at the front are shaded and also suffer noise (big time) if you are on a cruise where night time activities may take place outside.  Been caught out once in the Caribbean and never again.  Of course if it's a cruise where nothing much on deck is likely to happen in the evening then noise shouldn't be an issue for you there.

• Thanks 1

Noise is an issue for us so we ve never been on a cruise ship where we havent paid the higher fare rate in order to select our specific cabin.  Then lots of research is required to find one with no noise hazards nearby. for me these are

restaurant above or below

anywhere near the theatres/disco/pub

close to the lifts

and avoid the laundrettes at all costs!

Having said that, though, the noise baffling between cabins on many ships is so poor that you can hear next doors TV and participate unwillingly in their FaceTime calls home.  I havent been on Aurora so dont know how it is for this. Others on here will help...

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Judith Holt said:

Hi 

Realised I should have said room A260 and it's on Aurora. Thanks

The vast majority of Deluxe Balconies on Aurora are on deck B, so sandwiched between the other two balcony cabin decks and fine.  There are just five newer cabins built in at the back of deck D (was kids club) which will suffer with noise from the entertainment longe below (?Carmen's).  They are the lowest grade of deluxe Balconies though, so can you avoid that particular grade, by booking the next grade up?

4 hours ago, sleepingcat said:

Noise is an issue for us so we ve never been on a cruise ship where we havent paid the higher fare rate in order to select our specific cabin.  Then lots of research is required to find one with no noise hazards nearby. for me these are

restaurant above or below

anywhere near the theatres/disco/pub

close to the lifts

and avoid the laundrettes at all costs!

Having said that, though, the noise baffling between cabins on many ships is so poor that you can hear next doors TV and participate unwillingly in their FaceTime calls home.  I havent been on Aurora so dont know how it is for this. Others on here will help...

We had a deluxe balcony midship deck B for 28 nights in November which had no noise issues at all, but perhaps we had quiet neighbours.

A260 appears to be under the middle of the main self service area of the restaurant, though the seating area is carpeted, so should not be too bad at all.  Possibly the bathroom end of that cabin may get some noise from the non carpeted area, though I have known people say it is not really a problem being under that restaurant.  I am very susceptible to noise but I always take ear plugs which do help.  The inside cabins will be worse asore under the service area and possibly the kitchens as well, which can be a big problem.

19 hours ago, tring said:

We had a deluxe balcony midship deck B for 28 nights in November which had no noise issues at all, but perhaps we had quiet neighbours.

A260 appears to be under the middle of the main self service area of the restaurant, though the seating area is carpeted, so should not be too bad at all.  Possibly the bathroom end of that cabin may get some noise from the non carpeted area, though I have known people say it is not really a problem being under that restaurant.  I am very susceptible to noise but I always take ear plugs which do help.  The inside cabins will be worse asore under the service area and possibly the kitchens as well, which can be a big problem.

Thanks that's a big help and relief. Earplugs ordered. 

• Like 1

If you are at all worried about noise, I would bite the bullet and relocate to a cabin on B or C  deck so that you only have other cabin accommodation above and below you.

We were caught out some time back when we booked a de luxe balcony on A deck on Arcadia (A111). This was directly below the Belvedere self-service restaurant. Unfortunately pre breakfast preparations started between 4 and 5am each day and on several occasions we were wakened by clattering and banging above as equipment was moved around.

Didn't totally spoil the cruise  but thereafter I vowed never to book a cabin close to any restaurant or other public space where noise might be an issue