Seeking Freeport, Bahahas Dive Shop/Operator Recommendations??

pr8hd

I welcome any and all recommendations, warnings and suggestions for Dive Shops in Freeport?    Open Water Certified.  

From what I can tell, the four operators all have similar diver prices and schedules.  

Any advice is greatly appreciated.  THANKS!!

I dived there several years ago (2017 now that I look at my logbook).  We went with Grand Bahama Scuba. 

I remember it was a lengthy and fairly expensive cab ride from the port, and that the diving was lackluster. Something common in the Bahamas is that there's been a LOT of feeding of fish by snorkel operators and feeding of sharks by dive operators.  Consequently there's been changes to the wildlife behavior.  I remember fish biting at us on our safety stop because they'd grwon to associate people in the water with feeding. 

I would not recommend Grand Bahama Scuba particularly, and as I recall, the other options were also quite a distance from the port.  If this is your only port for scuba, or none of your others present a better option it's probably OK, but if you've got other ports to dive, you may want to give Freeport a pass for diving (and I almost never give a port a pass for diving). 

Harris

Denver, CO

• Like 1

Don't have worry about taxi's and all that associate fun.  Staying at the Lucayan for a couple nights on a Cruise&Stay package.  Hotel is walking distance to three of the shops.  This is my first opportunity for bottom time in two years.  I'll take what I can get.  😁   Thanks for bringing up the feeding issue - Strike 1 for them.

Thanks for the information.  Appreciate the advice.