Shareholder Benefit Questions - and a concern!

Selbourne

16 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

Still a lot to look forward to though Vamps, as well as Florida (we had a few great holidays there). We will be Cunard virgins next year. Will be very interesting to compare. 

I know. We have quite a few holidays to look forward to in the next two year and we have had a very lot of cruises and holidays in the last year but can’t seem to have enough 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

I know. We have quite a few holidays to look forward to in the next two year and we have had a very lot of cruises and holidays in the last year but can’t seem to have enough 

Very wise. We are certainly very glad that we did a lot when our kids were young. None of us know what the future holds. 

1 hour ago, Selbourne said:

Very wise. We are certainly very glad that we did a lot when our kids were young. None of us know what the future holds. 

I know but we were talking about this with the kids and they have now been on more abroad holidays by the time they are 8&7 than both me and my husband ever did with our parents. Suppose it’s just a different generation and I keep thinking of doing a caravan in Cornwall but the prices now are similar to a cruise! 

think covid made me decide to do things now while we can 

• Like 4

Can we expect an update on this form with later dates. 

We booked a cruise for late June around Christmas and have received our SHB.

I also booked the cruise before that one( so B2B) on 10 March and have received the acknowledgement of application but no OBC as yet. I see on the info sheet it says book by 28 Feb 23 for cruises to 28 July 23.  Do they usual update these dates or have I missed out due to booking in March? 

https://www.carnivalcorp.com/static-files/50351a91-4dc0-4f6b-bfec-684647e6129f

4 hours ago, Aloha3 said:

Can we expect an update on this form with later dates. 

We booked a cruise for late June around Christmas and have received our SHB.

I also booked the cruise before that one( so B2B) on 10 March and have received the acknowledgement of application but no OBC as yet. I see on the info sheet it says book by 28 Feb 23 for cruises to 28 July 23.  Do they usual update these dates or have I missed out due to booking in March? 

https://www.carnivalcorp.com/static-files/50351a91-4dc0-4f6b-bfec-684647e6129f

Although when I googled I ended up with the same info sheet as you, Carnival have updated it in their latest annual report and the 2023 dates are now 2024.

• Like 1

Thank you for providing details of your Carnival Share holdings, however, we are currently not able to apply the benefits for cruises which sail past 31st July 2024. This is because we are waiting for the next Annual Report to be published which will confirm the benefit values.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

Thank you for providing details of your Carnival Share holdings, however, we are currently not able to apply the benefits for cruises which sail past 31st July 2024. This is because we are waiting for the next Annual Report to be published which will confirm the benefit values.

I got that message when I first applied for shares for my Oct cruise, I tried again last week and got it, probably depends who picks up the message at Carnival.

7 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

I got that message when I first applied for shares for my Oct cruise, I tried again last week and got it, probably depends who picks up the message at Carnival.

well I sent off 4 reference numbers for dec 23, feb 24, dec 24 and March 25. I had 3 emails saying it’s been applied and last one saying not able to do it yet which is fine I mean I knew I was being cheeky trying to do it all in one go.
it says that I will get an email with the updated invoice but I haven’t received that yet. I’ll wait a few days then check up on it. 
I think we now have enough obc for the next two cruises that we might not need any more money. We don’t tend to spend a lot. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I have applied for 3 lots of shareholder benefit over the last week and have yet to receive any of the usual automatic do not reply responses, no amended booking confirmations either. All for 2023 cruises.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, davecttr said:

I have applied for 3 lots of shareholder benefit over the last week and have yet to receive any of the usual automatic do not reply responses, no amended booking confirmations either. All for 2023 cruises.

I would chase that up as you usually get the auto reply straight away. 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, davecttr said:

I applied for the shareholder OBC a couple of days ago.  No auto reply either.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Son of Anarchy said:

Same with me also (Cunard, but same email). No rush though. It’s a 2024 cruise. I know you aren’t meant to apply until after balance is paid, but they’ve added the OBC on all the other 5 cruises we have booked in 2023 & 2024 so I thought I’d chance my arm. 

Footnote (having started this thread) - I’m now comfortably in profit with OBC added to cruises now well ahead of the share purchase cost! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Selbourne said:

Footnote (having started this thread) - I’m now comfortably in profit with OBC added to cruises now well ahead of the share purchase cost! 

Thank you for starting this thread and to all those that contributed.  Having restarted cruising after a few years break we realised that we were missing a trick. Having read about the shareholder benefit, I bought the 100 Carnival shares a few weeks ago.  It was through HL, where I already have an ISA account. 

We have now successfully applied for the OBC credit to our cruise in 4 weeks time, following the process mentioned in this thread. I have had confirmation from P&O but not had an email from the agent.  I guess the as long as P&O applies the OBC, I shouldn't need my agent to confirm it?

Ray.

Three out of four have been applied for me. 
dec 23, feb 24 and March 25

but not dec 24 😂 

I would have thought it was the later one that hadn’t been up dated. 

I’ve made £34 profit on the share price and got £420 obc so I haven’t broken even yet. 

10 minutes ago, RA10 said:

We have now successfully applied for the OBC credit to our cruise in 4 weeks time, following the process mentioned in this thread. I have had confirmation from P&O but not had an email from the agent.  I guess the as long as P&O applies the OBC, I shouldn't need my agent to confirm it?

Ray.

P&O will send a revised invoice to your agent who should forward it to you. Contact your agent.

Brian

9 minutes ago, RA10 said:

Thank you for starting this thread and to all those that contributed.  Having restarted cruising after a few years break we realised that we were missing a trick. Having read about the shareholder benefit, I bought the 100 Carnival shares a few weeks ago.  It was through HL, where I already have an ISA account. 

Ray.

They issue a updated confirmation of booking with the amended obc.  They don't itemise it as Share Holder benefit but you should be able to see the increase in obc appropriate to the length of you cruise. Tht update will probably go to your TA so if you don't get it I would prompt them for the updated amount.  I always take this away with me in case!  

Print out your email from P&O and that - dated later than your original invoice should prove the point but best have an up to date statement.  

My emails were not bounced back by my mail account so they were received. Maybe it is yet another P&O IT problem. I have received two initial booking confirmations for new cruises including one for a booking this morning so that part of their operation works.

I did wonder if it is a microsoft mail problem because I ordered some shirts from M&S but yet to receive the promised collection info email. Luckily I have a screen copy of that order so will be able to collect in store tomorrow.

2 hours ago, Son of Anarchy said:

We sail in October and bought 100 shares in December (thanks everyone here for their advice). I applied for my OBC on Wednesday 26/4, got the auto reply, and got the confirmation on Monday 1/5. Pretty quick, especially over a Bank Holiday weekend! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BrianI said:

P&O will send a revised invoice to your agent who should forward it to you. Contact your agent.

Brian

Should but don’t always. The present one sends out a revised invoice the one we used before, nothing. As long as I get it from Carnival I am happy. I have always got it on the cruise.

Sorry if this information is already available and I've missed it, but if you hold shares do you pay a monthly admin fee to the broker? And if so, how?

It's something we're interested in doing but clueless, I'm afraid. 

1 minute ago, Happy afloat said:

Sorry if this information is already available and I've missed it, but if you hold shares do you pay a monthly admin fee to the broker? And if so, how?

You shouldn’t have to. Most companies now use nominee accounts, where you never actually get a share certificate. No ongoing fees with Hargreaves Landsowne.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BrianI said:

Brian

2 hours ago, kruzseeka said:

They issue a updated confirmation of booking with the amended obc.  They don't itemise it as Share Holder benefit but you should be able to see the increase in obc appropriate to the length of you cruise. Tht update will probably go to your TA so if you don't get it I would prompt them for the updated amount.  I always take this away with me in case!  

Print out your email from P&O and that - dated later than your original invoice should prove the point but best have an up to date statement. 

That's good advice. I'll check with the agent for confirmation of the OBC. 

The email from P&O does say "Your shareholder benefit has been applied and a revised booking confirmation that will show the added on board credit has been sent."  I would have thought it is good enough but the email goes on to say "As you have booked via a travel agent, you will need to refer to them for the revised booking confirmation.".

Less hassle spending some time on the phone or email with the agent now rather than queueing up at Customer Services on board, on the slim chance there is a discrepancy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Happy afloat said:

Just mentioning something that is probably obvious to most, that holding share just for the shareholder benefits alone is risky.  This is a quote from HL "Shareholder perks are not reason alone for buying shares in a company. Over time, shares and any income they pay will rise and fall in value, so you could get back less than you invest. If you're not sure if an investment is right for you, please speak to a financial adviser."  

In my case I lost about £30 immediately after I purchased the shares. After that it fluctuated quite a bit and currently I am about £34 down.  As with all shares, I am taking a long term view on growth and dividends.  At least currently we are seeing quite low share prices and hope is that things can only get better.  Of course, if you take a lot of cruises with Carnival owned cruises companies then you could recover some of your potential losses quite quickly. Some people on this board have had more in benefits than initial outlay on the shares.  

2 hours ago, Happy afloat said:

If you open a fund and share account with HL, there is a dealing charge of £11.95 and stamp duty (0.5% of purchase price)to pay.

There are no charges beyond this.

https://www.hl.co.uk/shares/share-dealing

Other on line dealers are available.

Brian