Virtual Balcony

On Wonder of the Seas right now in a virtual balcony, Can anyone who has been in one (other ships included) tell me if they are supposed to have a picture at night? I know it will be dark but I was under the impression that they would have an image at night also. Ours is just “snow” like when there is feed interruption. 

I reported it an IT said that was normal which does not seem normal lol.  TIA

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, SbbquilterUT said:

All we ever saw was the dark as it is a camera facing into the dark.  I agree what you are seeing is normal.

I'm confused...you said you saw an image of a camera facing into the dark, but then you said that what the OP is seeing ("snow") is normal.  Seems contradictory?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, islandchicklet said:

This is what I’m seeing 

87449ACC-D83E-4047-B113-5B9FFD6557B7.png

Does it show a fake handrail in the day?

That snow could be the camera gain going up in the dark.  If so that's common.  When you first said snow I pictured the classic snow from analog TV days of old.  At daybreak or after sunset does the snow gradually change to or from a picture of the outside?

45 minutes ago, time4u2go said:

I'm confused...you said you saw an image of a camera facing into the dark, but then you said that what the OP is seeing ("snow") is normal.  Seems contradictory?

Sorry for confusion - I just meant that the camera is mounted for an outward view so it is dark at night.  Though the blue background is new - formerly it was a black picture with grainy white dots.

Edited by SbbquilterUT
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, twangster said:

Does it show a fake handrail in the day?

That snow could be the camera gain going up in the dark.  If so that's common.  When you first said snow I pictured the classic snow from analog TV days of old.  At daybreak or after sunset does the snow gradually change to or from a picture of the outside?

No handrail. And classic snow from analog days is exactly what it looks like. 

I had a blue screen at night with the handrail.  I thought I'd also have the night view and sunrise, I kept the Bridge Cam TV on all night which was much better.  I'd speak to guest services then send an email after your trip regarding the "snow".  I had some issues with my virtual balcony and RC graciously refunded a small amount.

• Like 1