Belize Cave Tubing

Jeter02

Has anyone booked the Belize cave tubing Excursion, as I have an upcoming princess cruise?

How strenuous is the tour as I have a knee that tends to give out and I want to make sure that I'm able to enjoy myself in a pain-free matter. Just want to make sure I'm not slipping and sliding on the rocks into the water.

Been pre Covid since we were in Belize and cave tubed.  But there are several entry points.  Most do go along a path with roots in the way, so need to watch step anyway.  Our trek didn't climb down any rocks to the water, but did go down a small hill.   River wasn't rocky on bottom.

• Thanks 1

On 4/19/2023 at 9:08 AM, Jeter02 said:

Has anyone booked the Belize cave tubing Excursion, as I have an upcoming princess cruise?

How strenuous is the tour as I have a knee that tends to give out and I want to make sure that I'm able to enjoy myself in a pain-free matter. Just want to make sure I'm not slipping and sliding on the rocks into the water.

If you look a little farther down from your post, you will find my review of the Princess Cave Tubing excursion that we took a couple of weeks ago.  I will add that I did find the rocks coming out of the water to be softball size and yes, I did some slipping and sliding but my granddaughter-in-law gave me her hand to hold on to.  As I say in my review, if you do this, just make sure you wear water shoes with some sturdy soles as it is much easier on your feet.  The guides were very accommodating so I'm sure if you need some help that just asking would be sufficient and they would help.  I have to say that if I had a knee that was prone to giving out, I might think twice about it.

However, there are various companies that do this excursion other than Princess.  Princess used Chukka but I have read that some others enter the river in other places.  Hope this helps.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, DavidsNana said:

If you look a little farther down from your post, you will find my review of the Princess Cave Tubing excursion that we took a couple of weeks ago.  I will add that I did find the rocks coming out of the water to be softball size and yes, I did some slipping and sliding but my granddaughter-in-law gave me her hand to hold on to.  As I say in my review, if you do this, just make sure you wear water shoes with some sturdy soles as it is much easier on your feet.  The guides were very accommodating so I'm sure if you need some help that just asking would be sufficient and they would help.  I have to say that if I had a knee that was prone to giving out, I might think twice about it.

However, there are various companies that do this excursion other than Princess.  Princess used Chukka but I have read that some others enter the river in other places.  Hope this helps.

Thank you,!

• Like 1

@Jeter02I was thinking and I wouldn't want to discourage you from doing something that you might like and be able to do.  What I do when I am undecided is to watch some YouTube videos of the excursion.  I hope I am allowed to do this but there is a video from 2019 by a couple from Texas who travel and have a YouTube channel.  It is Life with Favor (her name is Favor) she is not a travel agent so I think it is OK to mention this.  But they have a video of the Cave Tubing and it is a Carnival excursion with the same company, Chakka and it gives a very good idea of this excursion and shows the rocks etc.  I said I had some trouble getting out at the end due to the rocks but I think I got out in a place that was steeper than most of the others got out so found the large rocks a little difficult to negotiate.  If you search Life With Favor Belize Cave Tubing you should be able to find the video easily.

• Thanks 1